Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Remake of Thin Man

I was wondering if they ever did remakes of the Thin Man Series, who would you like to see star in them?

Also would you like to see in Black And White or Colorized?

Would you like set in modern times or back in the early forties?

Who would you like to direct it?

I don't see the Thin Man is such an important classic that it would be remade. Sure its a great series and Powell and Loy are fantastic, but just how many of todays directors have even heard of the Thin Man..

It isnt as well known as King Kong, Psycho, Halloween

I love the thin man series and happy to own the box set :)

Remade the movie 5 times ? No those were sequels/part of the Thin Man series...not remakes..drdolittle is talking about a true remake and not a sequel..

Anyway, I doubt there will be a Thin Man remake with new people in those roles

Anyway... Color, modern day, directed by Ken Wiseman (Underworld; Live Free or Die Hard), star Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, a lot less talk, talk, talk but more gadgets and explosions. It'll be just GREAT!

If Brangelina aren't available, Ashton and Demi would also be PERFECT.

To be honest, this has ocurred to me. The original is a cute little mystery. With more or less, the same story as the book. But the book, while lighter in tone than most of Hammett's work, is not borderline slapstick like the movie. The characters are more substantial and more believable; the conflicts more serious. A faithful adaptation could be quite different, if not better than the Van Dyke version. I wouldn't mind seeing it.

RR

It wasn't exactly a remake, but in 1975 there was a TVMovie called NICK AND NORA starring Craig Stevens and JoAnn Pflug. I haven't seen it myself, but every review I've read uses phrases like "terrible", "wretched", "dreadful" and "terminally putrid" to describe it (Okay, I made that last one up). In any case, it was not well received.