Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

All About AVA

MissGoddess

Miss Goddess, Congrats on your 6,000 post. I remember when you made your 5,000th post this summer. Gave you read the Lee Server biography Ava Gardner, "Love Is Nothing". The book received very good reviews when it come out. Lee wrote the biography of Robert Mitchum, "Baby I Don`t Care". When this book came I out I purchased it, and Mr. Server`s bio showed all sides of Robert Mitchum`s personna offscreen and onscreen. The book was a good purchase to my collection.

Thanks for your good wishes, Cashette! As you can see, I'm a major "board hog" around here. ;)

I did get Lee Server's biography on Mitchum and never have I laughed so hard. I'm sure my neighbors thought I'd gone crazy. Ava's biography is on my "must read" list, which is obscenely long these days. I used to read two books a week, now I barely finish one in three months!

Hi MissGoddess,

Another wonderful thread...

And you could not have picked a more beautiful actress!

One role that I really liked her in and I do not think it has been mentioned here is 1964's Seven Days in May. The role was not a starring role, but a very important supporting role. She played the former mistress of General James Mattoon Scott (Burt Lancaster) who is sought after by Colonel "Jiggs" Casey (Kirk Douglas) to provide damaging information about the general to President Jordan Lyman (Fredric March). She was quite ravishing in this role! And very intelligently written as well by no other than Rod Serling!

Hiya, Miss Piggy -- I have many more gorgeous pictures and will try to dig up more quotes as I go along. So stay tuned!

I'm tuned. I'm so very tuned. Today's photos were terrific. You even snuck in the doggie one. I like what she's wearing in that pic, too. Ava looks fantastic in white or lighter colors.

Ava divorced Mickey Rooney on May 21, 1943, the same day her mother died of breast cancer.

My goodness, what a horrible day. Talk about a life changer.

Her full name is Ava Lavinia Gardner. She was named after her grandmother, Ava, who died giving birth to her nineteenth child, Lavinia.

A mother of nineteen dying after giving birth to her final child. That's so very sad.

That house must have been a very busy one for many different reasons.

Excellent stuff, Oh Goddess. I've learned quite a bit about Ava and her beautiful personality in a short amount of time, thanks to you, Teach.

Congrats on the 6,000 posts. I've enjoyed every one of them since I've been around. Yes, even the ones in which you attack my loves or the ones where you go "soapbox." Actually, in a perverse way, I especially like those. I'll make sure to congratulate you on your 7,000th post later today.

Hi, Gery -- Love those pub stills of Ava. Exceptionally alluring. The "fuzzy slipper" photo is to die for.

Miss G (I hope you don't mind that I call you that): What I find most attractive as a person about Ava is her refreshing candor and honesty. She speaks from her guts..

I didn't mention it in my previous post, but I also like that about her. I like people who aren't afraid to tell it like it is, the way they see it. She certainly didn't seem to mind what people thought about it either, and I applaud her for that.

Frank: My favorite Ava quotes: ?I don't understand people who like to work and talk about it like it was some sort of **** duty. Doing nothing feels like floating on warm water to me. Delightful, perfect.? Ava Gardner

That is one of my favorite quotes too. I have to say that I agree with her on that one. It does feel wonderful to just sit back relax, and do absolutely nothing.

And yes, I have finally gotten the hang of posting photos and it's all thanks to you :) I appreciate you taking the time out to help me get started on here.

Hi, Lauren -- You've earned a second, "welcome to the board," from me with those pics of Ava. My viewing pleasure indeed. I love a couple of the sultry lace photos, but my favorite is actually the "football on the beach" pic. That's priceless. Thanks.

That is one of my favorite quotes too. I have to say that I agree with her on that one. It does feel wonderful to just sit back relax, and do absolutely nothing.

Yes it does. I like people who know how to just let it all go. Of course, that's nothing like you, right? Yes, I'm strictly playin' with ya. Ava's personality seems pretty similar to yours, at least the one you described when you first joined the board. Do you think it made an impression on me?

And yes, I have finally gotten the hang of posting photos and it's all thanks to you I appreciate you taking the time out to help me get started on here.

You're very welcome. So did you notice how everything played out in the end? I initially help you get started but look who ends up benefitting in the end? Selfish me. Now I'm the one who is thankful.

Hey, Miss G -- The Barefoot Contessa is on at 2:00 A.M. tomorrow. I know it's a film you like, so I will be taping it. I like Mankiewicz.

Ava's TCM schedule (it's busy over the next 10 days):

10/13 The Barefoot Contessa 2:00 A.M. EST

10/17 Kid Glove Killer 12:30 P.M. EST

10/17 Lost Angel 2:00 P.M. EST

10/18 East Side, West Side 6:00 P.M. EST

10/20 Mogambo 6:00 P.M. EST

10/23 The Naked Maja 2:00 P.M. EST

11/21 The Band Wagon 10:00 P.M. EST

11/26 Maisie Goes to Reno 4:30 P.M. EST

Hello again, Frank. I hope that you're doing well today. I'm glad that you're enjoying the photos, we'll try and keep them coming for you. I figured you would like the football one. It seems to be a favorite among my male friends as well. I mean you have not only a beautiful woman on the beach, but you also have one of man's favorite past time along with her. How could you not like it, it's a win-win all around. Right? ;-)

You know, I never really thought about it before, but now that you mention it I guess our personalities are somewhat similar. At least with some things anyway. As for it making an impression on you...well.. I'm going to take a wild guess and say yes? Oh and just for the record, even though I know you were just messing, but I can just let it go with the best of them. Haha.

null

Archived