Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

All About AVA

MissGoddess

Another Arnold Newman portrait. This photographer seemed to capture the "real" Ava.

That's one of the greatest photos of Ava that I have seen. Her look and pose say so very much. "Hands behind her back" says she's all yours or that's she hiding something from you. Her eyes are saying the same thing. Excellent.

Thanks for posting all of the Ava photos that you have to date, particularly this one. It's a fantastic thread.

I like the picture also because it seems to show the real woman, not just a cheesy publicity pose. Ava had such a strongly sensual charisma, that overtly sexual photos (below) didn't do her justice or seem like overkill. Like Linda Darnell said in A Letter to Three Wives, "what I got don't need beads."

avagardner13.jpg

avaleopardfishnet.jpg

I like the picture also because it seems to show the real woman, not just a cheesy publicity pose. Ava had such a strongly sensual charisma, that overtly sexual photos (below) didn't do her justice or seem like overkill.

Ohhh, I completely agree with you. Those overtly sexual photos just... don't... do a.. a.. a.. you were saying what now? Ava can kill me over... again and again and again.

(Come here. Will you stop it?! No, I'm not going to bite. Come here. I got a secret for you. I actually like the Newman portrait more than the overtly sexual ones, too. Ssshhhh. Love the horsey belt.)

Frank---naturally, as I wrote my post, I was thinking I should perhaps QUALIFY my statement. I know there isn't enough wolfbane in the world to control the guys when they see Ava Gardner in a bathing suit and fishnet stockings. ;)

avaarnoldnewmanphoto2.jpg

So are you testing me with multiple leopard photos? I'm getting, oh so, very, very weak. My eyes are filled with spots and I find myself caught in a glorious fishnet. You are killing me... on purpose. Thank you.

Horsey or Leopard? Horsey or Leopard? Horsey AND Leopard! There, I admit it! I must have it all! I need to have it all. Wolfbane... NOW! Give it to me. Put me out of my misery.

Archived