Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

All About AVA

MissGoddess

Well, I just wanted a little break from the boards for awhile. I tend to do that quite

a bit. I'll join a place, stay for awhile and then disappear for a time or two. Then when

I finally got back on the boards, and I'm a bit ashamed to admit it, but I forgot about

this thread...If I hadn't decided to browse around, I probably wouldn't be in here right

now. But I am so that's that.

How could you forget about the "Ava" thread?! You of all people!

I'm very much like you when it comes to "disappearing." I can get burned out on

something rather quickly.

To me, she looks as though she knows something that no one else does, or that

she's up to something.

No woman would ever do such a thing, now would they?

Welcome back, even if it is just for a time or two.

Of course they would, especially Ava. She'd probably do it better than anyone.

Welcome back, even if it is just for a time or two.

Thank you, it's good to be back. And as long as my computer holds up, I'll be here.

How could you forget about the "Ava" thread?! You of all people!

Really bad memory loss? I've lost half my mind... I'll never forget it again, I promise..and there is no need to shout, I can hear just fine :P But to make up for it, here are more photos of our small town gal.

copy2ofaquarium002gd1.jpg

aquarium002yd1.jpg

To me, she looks as though she knows something that no one else does, or that

she's up to something.

Of course they would, especially Ava. She'd probably do it better than anyone.

I didn't know women could be so sneaky. :P

Thank you, it's good to be back. And as long as my computer holds up, I'll be here.

You should talk. You're putting my computer to the test with these Ava pics. Steamy.

Really bad memory loss? I've lost half my mind...

:D I don't know you well enough to comment here.

I'll never forget it again, I promise..and there is no need to shout, I can hear just fine :P

I'll try not to raise my voice the next time. No, I ain't promisin'.

But to make up for it, here are more photos of our small town gal.

Thank you. I'm calm. I'm calm. Ohh heck, I love the phone pic! Yes, I'm screaming with joy.

Lauren! Welcome back to Grabtown! Where'ya been, honey? I love the picture with the blue background, our girl's radiant there. I recently received in the mail the biography by Lee Server but I don't know when I'll get around to reading it.

Thanks so much for breathing new life into the joint.

avavenusprofile.jpg

Lauren! Welcome back to Grabtown! Where'ya been, honey? I love the picture with the blue background, our girl's radiant there. I recently received in the mail the biography by Lee Server but I don't know when I'll get around to reading it.

Thanks so much for breathing new life into the joint.

Hey there April and thank you for the welcome back! It's like I told Frank, I just needed a bit of a break, to get out and do things in the real world for awhile. But I couldn't stay away for long, so here I am:-) I read the biography not too long ago, and I thought that it was really good. Once I started reading it, I couldn't seem to put it down. I think you'll like it.

Frank- Thank you. I'm calm. I'm calm. Ohh heck, I love the phone pic! Yes, I'm screaming with joy.

In that picture she's looking right at home in that red checkered dress. If anyone can pull off the country girl look, it's Ava.

avavenusprofilerd1.jpg

"In that picture she's looking right at home in that red checkered dress. If anyone can pull off the country girl look, it's Ava."

Frank, I thought the 'country girl' was your beloved Grace. At the end of the day Ava can pull off anything...lying on a bed. ;-)

At the end of the day Ava can pull off anything...lying on a bed.

:D Now that one got a huge laugh out of me.

"In that picture she's looking right at home in that red checkered dress. If anyone can pull off the country girl look, it's Ava."

Those are Lauren's wonderful words, CM. And she's right, too, Ava looks downright homey in that red checkered dress. She could make anything work.

I thought the 'country girl' was your beloved Grace.

MY Grace is not only the "country girl" she's every and ALL GIRL for me. She's a precious princess. I simply adore her; very truly.

I love 'em. You seem to be posting the very sexy ones, by the way. I really thank you for that!

I aim to please and I post them just for you, Frank ;-)

Here's Ava with some of her leading men...

Ava with Rob Mitchum ( I love this photo of them)

copy3ofcopyofavavenuspran7.jpg

With Rob Taylor

avaroberttaylorinthebricj1.jpg

and with Bogie

copy6ofcopyofavavenuspral3.jpg

And she looks beautiful in it, and not the glamourous kind of beauty, but the simple kind. It's like we're seeing the real Ava.

Ava not only withstands the ultimate test of beauty---the slicked back bun---she looks stunning in it. You have to be truly gorgeous to look good in that extremely simple hairdo---Ava is and does.

I love the pictures with Bob Taylor and that one with Bogie!! I've never seen it before and I don't recognize the dress from Barefoot...maybe it was from a cut scene? I dont' know about you but I always wanted there to be a romance between Ava and Bogie in TBC. Their scenes together are the only ones in the the movie which I feel she's warm and relaxed. I suppose Mankiewicz felt it would reduce his play to "cheap melodrama" if he made them lovers and it would interfere with the Rossano Brazzi angle, but maybe if the love had been one-sided on Bogie's part...I just hate the ending.

Come fly with me...come fly, come fly away.

Glad Bogie & Ava didn't get together in "The Barefoot Contessa." I think she needed more of a friend to guide her and look out for her best interests in the jungle of Hollywood. Besides, lovers don't make good managers. Also, Bogie was long in the tooth and didn't quite look as debonair as Cary Grant. (The May-December thaang). Besides, the relationship with him and his wife made me think of a comfortable Bogie-Bacall union.

Ava looks incredible in these shots.

Thank you Miss Goddess for keeping the great Ava pics coming! And Lauren, that set of 3 photos of Ava is jaw-dropping!!!

Elizabeth Taylor hit it right on the mark when she said," I think that Ava Gardner is THE most beautiful Woman in the world!"

April, I don't think the photo of Ava and Bogie was from a scene in the movie, I think it might have been a publicity photo or something. But they do look great together in it, don't they? Like you, I was also hopping that they would get together and was a bit disappointed when they didn't. They were quite a pair, it would have been a great romance. I wasn't too fond of the ending either, I think they could have gone a different route with it, but I guess they did what they thought was best. It was still a great film none-the-less.

Hi Shonna- I don't think I've ever heard that quote by Elizabeth either. Considering that she was also known to be one of the most beautiful women at the time, having her say that is quite a compliment. I wonder if Ava ever knew that she had said that?

Archived