Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

All About AVA

MissGoddess

Hi Goddess! I had heard that initally on the set of "The Night of The Iguana" that for a nano-second the air was tense between Eliazabeth and Ava but then with Burton and the gang they all became friends and drinking buddies! You're right, Burton must have been in heaven!

Hi Lauren! I had read that quote from Elizabeth Taylor about Ava in two different publications. I too, think it was great of her to say that! Two incredible TENS!!! The pot calling the kettle black! Ha! Ha!

Thanks for the new batch of Ava pics, Lauren. I definitely like the photo of Ava

facing kind of sideways but looking back towards the camera. That one is very sexy.

Thanks to Santa, I now have a couple Ava films on DVD. In fact, Ava's characters in

these two films are two of my favorite characters in all of film, "Honey Bear" Kelly and

Maxine Faulk. I just love those two gals, especially "Honey Bear."

VISUAL SPOILERS

John Ford's very underrated Mogambo.

mogambo13.jpg

mogambo14.jpg

mogambo6.jpg

mogambo7.jpg

mogambo8.jpg

mogambo9.jpg

mogambo10.jpg

mogambo11.jpg

mogambo12.jpg

John Huston's The Night of the Iguana

iguana2.jpg

iguana3.jpg

iguana4.jpg

iguana5.jpg

iguana6.jpg

iguana7.jpg

iguana8.jpg

iguana9.jpg

iguana10.jpg

iguana11.jpg

iguana12.jpg

iguana13.jpg

iguana14.jpg

iguana15.jpg

iguana1.jpg

Wonderful batch of sceencaps, Frank!! I saved them all.

Ava gets her man, both times, just as she's about given up hope. Interesting how the actress blossoms when placed in a very primitive, wild setting.

Hi, Miss Goddess -- Wonderful batch of sceencaps, Frank!! I saved them all.

I'm glad you liked them. I haven't watched Mogambo in its entirety in a couple of

years, so I'm gonna sit down and watch it and then post my favorite Ava moments later

on. Maybe even talk about the film. :P

Ava gets her man, both times, just as she's about given up hope.

It would be very hard for a man to walk away from "Honey Bear" and "Maxine." They

are special kinda gals. They don't come down the river too often.

Interesting how the actress blossoms when placed in a very primitive, wild setting.

That's a very good point. Why is it that I believe women in general may blossom in such settings?

I like RED DUST a little better than Ford's version. But I'm partial to most of the 1930's Gable/Harlow adventures. I really like CHINA SEAS. That's a classy, little action film.

It's good to communicate with you again FG! Our paths haven't crossed lately.

What's up, Double R! Did you have a good Christmas?

It's good to communicate with you again FG! Our paths haven't crossed lately.

That's on me, my friend. That one is on me. I do apologize for that. I'm still trying

to catch up with Bronxie and CineMaven, too. I'm in debt to some people around here.

I like RED DUST a little better than Ford's version. But I'm partial to most of the

1930's Gable/Harlow adventures. I really like CHINA SEAS. That's a classy, little

action film.

I've never seen Red Dust, so I cannot compare the two. The reason why I

love Mogambo so much is Ava. I just love her "Honey Bear." And I say this

being a very big fan of Grace Kelly. I do give Grace some credit in this film because

she's playing an ice princess, and I do love her as an ice princess. It's just that Ava is

a serious doll. A hyper-romantic doll, full of impetuousity. I absolutely love those kinda

dolls.

I haven't seen China Seas, either. In fact, I've never seen a Jean Harlow pic. I now

have Red-Headed Woman on DVD, so my Harlow introduction awaits. My heart lies

with 40s and 50s classic films right now. I'm still not sure I'm gonna be a 30s film fan

or not.

Many of us are said to be quite heartless! ;) But seriously, I think in general women can be far more conventional/practical than men. That's why Ava was so extraordinary, even in Hollywood. She followed her heart every time.

Many of us are said to be quite heartless! ;)

Isn't that the other way around?

But seriously, I think in general women can be far more conventional/practical than men.

More practical than men? Yeah?

Conventional? Probably.

That's why Ava was so extraordinary, even in Hollywood. She followed her heart every time.

It takes courage to follow one's heart. It really does. I admire those who do. Now what's this again about women being heartless?

"Interesting how the actress blossoms when placed in a very primitive, wild setting."

That's a very good point. Why is it that I believe women in general may blossom in such settings?

I can only surmise that basically men want to tame a wild primitive woman; maybe that makes 'em feel even more masculine. Ava's Hollywood persona was temptuous...wild. But hell, even the great matador Dominguin couldn't tame Ava. Who wants to go after a cornish hen when a wild tiger is in the midst.

I can only surmise that basically men want to tame a wild primitive woman;

maybe that makes 'em feel even more masculine.

So do you wanna hear my theory, CineBaby? Ohh, sure you do.

I think if you take a woman out of her "element" and place her in a primitive setting

she will look for the comfort of a man very quickly. If a man meets her immediate

needs, she will really relax and let go of all of her inhibitions. She "loosens up." The

setting ends up becoming an aphrodisiac.

Hey gang. It's nice to see you all again now that the holiday has passed. Hope it was a good one for ya.

Frank, Mogambo is one of my favorite Ava movies, so those screen caps are quite a treat. I'm really liking them right now. As April said, they're wonderful! I hope that you keep them coming.

And wouldn't you know I've got more pictures to post..

167877oi7.jpg

179285gb9.jpg

"So do you wanna hear my theory, CineBaby? Ohh, sure you do. I think if you take a woman out of her "element" and place her in a primitive setting

she will look for the comfort of a man very quickly. If a man meets her immediate needs, she will really relax and let go of all of her inhibitions. She 'loosen up.' The setting ends up becoming an aphrodisiac."

Frankie G., I like. I like your theory very much. But don't take us too far out into the asphalt jungle to make us relax. We can loosen up just fine at Cipriani's.

Happy New Year to Ava's All!

How's it goin', CineBaby? -- Frankie G., I like. I like your theory very much.

But don't take us too far out into the asphalt jungle to make us relax. We can loosen

up just fine at Cipriani's.

The asphalt jungle can definitely bring out the fears in a woman who is new to such a

surrounding, but I don't think it can serve as an aphrodisiac. It's just too cold. I'm

speaking feeling, not temp. Now if a woman is in a cold-temp setting away from

the asphalt jungle... look out. But nothing can match a warm (hot), foreign setting.

That's where the pot starts to boil.

Cipriani's? Oh, no, no, no. A woman away from home in a warm setting won't even

need a sip of alcohol to "loosen up." And that's the woman a guy should want.

You're getting straight fire then. Nothing can match that.

Bonjour, Miss G(one Native) -- Frank---interesting theory, you may be right!

Uh-huh. So how many of these theories have you put to practice? :P

Hiya, Gery -- That's a brilliant piece of work you have given us! That's fantastic!

One Touch of Venus is right.

Hey there, Lauren -- So you haven't run off just yet, eh?

And wouldn't you know I've got more pictures to post..

And wouldn't you know, I'm mesemerized by them, too. I see you are posting those

sexy ones again. Naughty, naughty.

Frank, Mogambo is one of my favorite Ava movies, so those screen caps are quite a

treat. I'm really liking them right now. As April said, they're wonderful! I hope that you

keep them coming.

I really need to watch the film again. It's been a little while. I wanna "get" the Ava

scenes, so I'm in desperate need of a refresher of Mogambo. I have watched

The Night of the Iguana recently and I do "get" that film. I'm gonna have to post

some Maxine Faulk caps. She's definitely one of my favorites. What a gal!

Honey Bear and her "scars." I LOVE a woman with scars.

mogambo16.jpg

mogambo15.jpg

mogambo17.jpg

mogambo18.jpg

Archived