Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Favorite Funny Scene's/Lines in Horror Films

As I watched Homicidal tonight I found myself quite amused when Jean Arless' character

Emily takes a prescription to the pharmacy for Strychnine! What made it most hilarious was that the the only thing the pharmacist said was, "Say, this is dangerous stuff." To which the lovely psychopathic Emily replied, "Is it?"

"Sure this is Strychnine, See?" as the competent pharmacist shows Emily the prescription as if "Take one Tsp. of Strychnine every 4hours with water as needed", was printed on the prescription. LOL

"Oh, well I'll have to be very careful when I give it to her." Emily said. This satisfied the pharmacist perfectly evidenced by the courteous smile as he assured her it would only take a minute to fill if she wanted to wait.

This really made me laugh and it reminded me why I love these old horror flicks so much. LOL

One of my other favs is from "The Old Dark House" when Ernest Thesiger's character

Horace Femm continually asks the stranded guests of the dreary castle to "Have a Potato!".

I've always found Idaho Spuds make murder & mayhem much more soothing to my stomach. How about you? LOL

So I thought I would ask others...

What are some of your favorite funny scene's or lines in these movies?

Sheriff McClelland: 1968's "Night of the Living Dead"

:

Well, there's no problem. If you have a gun, shoot 'em in the head. That's a sure way to kill 'em. If you don't, get yourself a club or a torch. Beat 'em or burn 'em. They go up pretty easy

Funny scene - for me it is the original Dawn of the Dead with the Zombies at the mall with that silly music playing in the background...

If I think about this long enough I could name a few funny scenes and lines

Such as Bela in Dracula

"I only drink.........wine...."

I chuckle on that one

Of course the 1950s had the wittiest dialog and funniest B movie scenes out there..

Oh yeah

"Help me" in the The Fly and Return of the Fly (Brett Halsey head on a Fly is really funny)

I always thought "Night of the Living Dead," that low-budget, PD film had a lot of funny scenes and lines that were not supposed to be funny. In addition to the lines posted here was "Yeah, they're dead...they're all messed up."

Last night I watched "The Tingler." I laughed out loud during a couple of parts. Particularly after Vincent Price removed "The Tingler" (that looked like a large, pulsating centipede) from the deaf mute woman. You only see this as a shadow at first, but soon see the real deal. And how they kept saying "The Tingler!" was funny, too.

They didn't try to destroy "The Tingler!" although Vincent Price's character quickly ascertained that it couldn't be destroyed. This was a William Castle film and the gimmic in the theaters, as stated on TCM last night, was hand buzzers in some of the seats that would give a jolt to theater-goers.

I also liked Homicidal as well and the scene in the drugstore. Also, when Helga is mouthing "help me" to the sheriff, he sees this and is concerned. So he goes about his business for the day and finally decides to pop over there that night. The films played on TCM last night were a lot of fun - I really enjoyed watching them.

In Dracula, the armadillos running around the floor of Dracula's castle are a hoot! I was watching it like a year ago and I just noticed them for the first time, I started laughing. I love the movie, but those armadillos just seem so out of place.

Any poverty row horror movie are funny, just plain funny, maybe thats why I love them. The Vampire Bat, has one of the funniest Dwight Fry performances ever, I love the line he says playing Herman, the village idiot, that goes something like this "Bats are fuffy like cats" I think that what he says, well anyhow, I find it funny.

Lugosi is the vengeful Dr. Paul Carruthers in DEVIL BAT. He develops an after shave lotion. If you wear it, a huge bat comes and bites you. To get one of his intended victims to try the lotion, Lugosi says: "Rub some on the tender part of your neck."

Another favorite line:

Mantan Moreland is afraid of zombies in KING OF THE ZOMBIES. Madame Sul-Te-Wan plays the cook (and high priestess). She says "Tahama cooks for the living, not the dead!"

I love *The Vampire Bat*! I've seen the guy playing Herman in a couple other films and he always seems to play the same guy. Kinda makes you wonder if that's how he was in real life - ha!.

In one episode of Mystery Science Theater the guys were watching *Bride of the Monster* with Bela Lugosi and Tor Johnson and at the end after they are killed by their own monster octupus one guy says 'They tampered in God's domain'. Well the guys making fun of the movie misheard the line and they thought it was 'They peppered God's lomein'.

I can't think of any specific lines but I love *Mystery of the Wax Museum* (1932) for all the great slang in it. I get cracked up everytime this one guy calls Glenda Farrell 'sob sister'.

It is "I never drink...wine."

Gloria Holden repeated it 5 years later in DRACULA'S DAUGHTER.

I also like THE DEVIL BAT as Lugosi bids farewell to his victims after having them rub his new shaving lotion on "the tender part of" their necks. "Good....bye."

Yeah, I've noticed it also that Dwight Fry tended to play either the village idiot or the village lunatic in the movies he appeared in. I love his Reinfield in DRACULA.

I love the use of slang in Mystery of the Wax Museum too.

" Sheriff McClelland: 1968's 'Night of the Living Dead':

Well, there's no problem. If you have a gun, shoot 'em in the head. That's a sure way to kill 'em. If you don't, get yourself a club or a torch. Beat 'em or burn 'em. They go up pretty easy"

That WAS pretty funny Vallo. I think I have to buck the trend of this thread and go with a line I thought was the most romantic line I've heard in horror films: "The Mummy" (1932) "Call her...he's dragged her back to ancient Egypt. Call her. Her love for you will bridge the centuries."

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

A favorite and hilarious line from this 1944 movie:

The film takes place in the Louisiana bayou country and the site of an industrial project where suddenly a worker screams out...

"The devil's on the loose and he's dancin' with the mummy!"

Love it.

"The devil's on the loose and he's dancin' with the mummy!"

That is a good one. LOL Now I want to see that movie.

Did anyone watch the movie "My Son the Vampire?" last week? OMG ... that takes the cake for cheesy Dracula movies. The man in drag was hilarious singing "Hush,Hush, Now, Now, Come, Come."

I sometimes latch onto funny phrases from these movies and say them for a day or two. Under the misconception that my family watched the movie and find it as funny as myself when the reality is they worry about my sanity. LOL For example,after watching this movie I was teasing my son (who had come to visit...he is 18) by saying...."You're A Poor Creature...A Poor Creaure!!!" Trust me if you watched the movie it would have been cute...He looked at me very concerned and said, "Mom...you are goofy...Truly Goofy!"...LOL

Great responses to the thread guys...keep em' coming.

Not horrific but sooo amusing Abbott and Costello meets Frankenstein...when the boys deliver the goods at the museum. Of course lots is up and Abbott is to late to see what Costello sees BUT we do and Costello's telling of what is going on is hilarious. I die of laughter everytime Costello can't speak and he does his pantomine of Frankenstein and Dracula-priceless. If you guys haven't seen this movie you have to see it just once and then if you are like me you'll watch till this part I described above and then check in for the line...that goes something like ..I know what I saw when I said that I saw it...

My favorite exchange from "Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein."

Lon Chaney Jr.: "You fellas don't understand. Tonight, when the full moon rises, I'll turn into a wolf."

Costello: "You and ten million other guys."