Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What Star would you like to see a month devoted to?

​Wowww...so many actors I'd pick to be on the cover of TCM's movie guide...

​Sidney Poitier and NOT on a February issue just because it's Black History Month, any issue, any month for this Oscar Award winner who is almost pushing 90!

​Chester Morris (a lot of people don't know who this is... one underrated actor...and do not only his films (most not great) but at least a Boston **** marathon (what he's best known for)

​Clara Bow (happy belated birthday to her July 29th--1905-1965

​Tallulah Bankhead (though she's done more stage acting, so there a few movies she did)

​John Garfield (a total underrated actor... but his constant fights with the Powers that Be of the movie world brought on heart trouble sending him to an early grave.)

​James Cagney

​Edward G. Robinson

​Gregory Peck

​Ingrid Bergman

​Joan Blondell

• Like 1

Chester Morris = TCM used to show one BostonBlackie movie per weekend morning, Sunday's I think, about 10+ years ago.

The same with Zatoichi, the blind swordsman.

Wish TCM would bring back those series again.

• Like 3

Chester Morris = TCM used to show one BostonBlackie movie per weekend morning, Sunday's I think, about 10+ years ago.

The same with Zatoichi, the blind swordsman.

Wish TCM would bring back those series again.

GET-TV shows all the BostonBlackie films.    I didn't know this series existed until this year and now I have seen 7 or so of the films.

GET-TV shows all the BostonBlackie films.    I didn't know this series existed until this year and now I have seen 7 or so of the films.

TCM aired a bunch of them on Saturday mornings a few years ago. I don't think the entire series was broadcast but close to it.

EDNA MAY OLIVER!  Love that lady! We could just show her films over and over again foe a whole damn month! She deserves the tribute

I agree she is very deserving. I also think Marjorie Main deserves a month-long tribute. Both these women proved that character actresses with less-than-flattering faces could carry films (entire series, like Hildegarde Withers and the Kettles). Plus, and this is the most important thing, they each have many titles in the TCM/Turner library. I am hoping the Marie Dressler tribute we had in June will open the door for these very talented ladies, and their fans.

I guess it's no secret.around here, but Linda.Darnell would be.my choice. In general, it would be great if TCM would focus on people who have not yet received a month, instead of repeating someone already so honored.

• Like 2

William Frawley

Now there's an interesting choice. Not many people ever mention him in terms of his movie work (more so his TV work). Recently, I watched GOING MY WAY, and I had forgotten he was even in it. He has barely five minutes of screen time and he makes a strong impression...a great character actor. 

• 1 month later...

I hope you are kidding about that vin diesel suggestion. This a classic movie channel, not a modern one

Even if it was a modern classic channel,  that clown hasn't made any classic movies,  period.    ;)  

I'll take the Rock instead.

Even if it was a modern classic channel,  that clown hasn't made any classic movies,  period.    ;)  

I'll take the Rock instead.

I like the Rock more, as well, but as far as Vin Diesel, I liked Pitch Black (not exactly a classic) and he was in Saving Private Ryan (which I would call a classic, or at least very good).

I guess we all have actors we are not too interested in and Vin would be on my list but my wife likes his movies.

As far as a favorite that could carry a month of movies, I would like to see Glenn Close, Louise Fletcher and Barbara Hershey.