Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What Star would you like to see a month devoted to?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello! I am new here and hope I can join in...

I would love to see a month devoted to Jeanne Crain!

I really enjoyed her growing up and I still do.

She was in...to name a few....

"Cheaper by the Dozen" and it's sequel: "Bells on their Toes""Margie"

"Take care of our little Girl"- Which I don't think has ever been on TCM. (I just requested it in the "Suggest a Movie" box.) Also starring Cliff Robertson.

"Leave her to Heaven" with Gene Tierney and Cornell Wilde.

ETC.

I sure do enjoy TCM.

I love Jeanne Crain, too. I think that most of her films were for Fox, though, so it might be hard for TCM to get those films. I did see Leave Her to Heaven a few months ago on the Fox Movie Channel in a beautiful print. I love to see Margie again! That's such a cute movie. Another Crain movie that is rarely shown is Centennial Summer.

Charlie Chaplin! I love his shorts and films and I'm SO excited to see they're going to be playing lots of his stuff in March though I am upset that it's mostly all in the wee hours of morning:( Argh!

He really deserves center stage, he was a complete genius and made film what it is!

As said below by an astute poster, a month devoted to character actors would be delightful. If they could just throw in a day devoted to two of my favorites of the breed--Edmund Gwenn one day--Edna May Oliver the next day--I'd be in movie heaven. Com'on TCM, we love the great actors who carry the movies they appear in.

Peter Lorre especially the movies he made that have nmot been released on video such as:Mr. District Attorney, Rope of Sand, Double Confession, I'll give a million, Lance Spy, Nancy Steele is Missing. Other great movies nobody has seen of Lorre are The Crack Up, Island of Doomed Men and Face Behind the Mask. Mix that in with the Peter Lorre movies that have been shown on TCM, a bunch of Mr. Motos and ratings will soar. Peter Lorre is my favorite actor of all time, there will never be anyone like him! Please TCM, make Peter Lorre the Star of the Month! Yay!

Hi ML! I've a feelin' that I'm just tolerated more than loved! *[grin]*

But yes, I would love, love to see Hedy Lamarr as Star of the Month. November 2013 seems appropriate, with (what would've been) her 100th birthday, but that's too long to wait! Certainly, to make the best of it, TCM would have to hijack a few movies that aren't in their library, like Algiers, Samson and Delilah, The Female Animal, etc., and some version of Ecstasy would have to be thrown in, as well, to make the tribute truly complete.

Hi Antar! Anyone who doesn't more than "tolerate" you doesn't have a heart. I agree that it would be great if TCM could get all the movies that Hedy has done into their library. I take it that these are all movies that you'd have no chance of seeing or purchasing otherwise? My Anton made a bunch that I'll never see, but every now and then one actually shows up somewhere that I can buy. "The Red Shoes" has finally been put on DVD even! Anyway, love ya, sweetie! ML

• 1 year later...

Although it had bad critics in its day, I enjoyed thoroughly "The Kissing Bandit", and that's the first time I saw J.Carrol Naish on film, as Sinatra's hilarious sidekick! The other day I saw him in a ver early film, "The Royal Bed" with Mary Astor, Lowell Sherman, etc...Was he also in "The Mouthpiece" or am I confusing him with somebody else?

• 2 weeks later...