Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What Star would you like to see a month devoted to?

Among the actresses, I'd love to see months devoted to Deanna Durbin, Irene Dunne, Margaret Sullavan, and/or Wendy Hiller, but I suspect that TCM doesn't own enough of the film ouvres of any of these talented performers to do so. A real shame. Actually, I suppose they might have a shot with Dunne. Barbara Stanwyck is another favorite, but I believe TCM has saluted her in the past.

Among the actors, William Holden, Walter Huston, Robert Montgomery, Gene Kelly, Fred Astaire, Howard Keel, Bing Crosby and Gordon MacRae come to mind. Would really enjoy seeing some of Crosby's early, seldom-seen Paramount films and shorts.

Okay from what I'm understanding once an actor has a month devoted to them they can't have another, at least not for awhile. Forgive me for acting a bit naive about this its just that I really didn't start becoming an advid TCM watcher till February of this year. However, in answer to you question if a month hasn't already been devoted to them I would like to see one for Lucielle Ball, who made many films before going to television, and Natalie Wood. I would also like to see a month for Eddie Albert who I was amazed to discover upon his death appeared in over a hundred films, I was more familiar with him for his TV work, in Green Acres, and Switch.

The great thing about TCM is that their usually right on top of the movies and actors that I love. But I would really like to see them devote a month to Debbie Reynolds, June Allyson or even Kathryn Grayson. I haven't seen many movies with them in it on TCM or lately for that matter.

I think I would like to see a month devoted to two of my absolute favourites: Fred MacMurray and Jack Carson. Both of these versatile stars had such long and varied careers that TCM would have to do as they did with Spencer Tracy; show the comedies on one night of the week and the dramas on the next. That would be the only way to showcase the range of both comedic and dramatic ability each of these wonderful actors possessed. Let's hope we see Fred and Jack as the STOM soon!

I would most definitely love to see TCM put up a week of James Cagney. I'm rather disappointed that they haven't put up a week for James in July, considering it is his birth month. I'm quite stumped by that. However, I have spotted August 2nd and see that it's nothing but Jimmy, so that'll do. Even just one day is plenty for me.

Here are some other suggestions:

Jean Arthur

John Garfield

Joan Blondell

Rex Harrison

Tomagain, your pithy response says less than nothing however, let me add Dana Andrews to my list of stars that ought to have their work shown. ND, while i"m here let me also state that Osborne ought to interview stars which are living right now, like Glenn Ford and I could name more.

James Cagney would be good.

I'd like to see a month devoted to Joseph Cotten.

What would have been his 100th birthday was in May and TCM didn't do a day of his movies like they've done for James Stewart, John Wayne, Janet Leigh and others.

Others I'd like to see a month, week or day devoted too:

Claude Rains- I don't think he's been featured since 1998

Barbara Stanwyck

Alan Hale

The Barrymores

Glenn Ford

Sidney Poiter

Rosalind Russell

Walter Matthau

Agnes Moorehead

Edward G Robinson

> James Cagney would be good.

>

> I'd like to see a month devoted to Joseph Cotten.

> What would have been his 100th birthday was in May

> and TCM didn't do a day of his movies like they've

> done for James Stewart, John Wayne, Janet Leigh and

> others.

>

> Others I'd like to see a month, week or day devoted

> too:

> Claude Rains- I don't think he's been featured since

> 1998

> Barbara Stanwyck

> Alan Hale

> The Barrymores

> Glenn Ford

> Sidney Poiter

> Rosalind Russell

> Walter Matthau

> Agnes Moorehead

> Edward G Robinson

Bad News Bears!!!

I'd like to see some Woody Allen films featured during a particular month on TCM.

I'd like to see a month of films devoted to Marlon Brando.

I'd like to see a James Cagney month.