Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What Star would you like to see a month devoted to?

I've said a few times that I want to see Ginger Rogers as the Star of the Month, although I would especially like it if the majority were her movies that aren't on DVD. I have seen just about all the movies she was in that are on DVD. Another person I would love to see a month devoted to is Joan Blondell. I love her in just about everything she does, at times even more then the big WB star Bette Davis (but don't get me wrong I adore Bette Davis).

Hooray for Jeanette MacDonald & Nelson Eddy being Stars of the Month in March!

Please forgive me if I mention anyone who was already the Star of the Month in the past...I only got TCM recently so I have no idea. Do they ever repeat their Stars? I hope so, 'cause I missed so many of them! Anyway...here's a looooong list of my favorites...some are new favorites thanks to catching their movies on TCM and falling in love. :)

June Allyson

Fred Astaire (hasn't he been SOTM yet? That's surprising!)

Joan Blondell

Cyd Charisse

Bing Crosby (only next time please show more rare films!)

Olivia de Havilland

Irene Dunne

Deanna Durbin

Clark Gable

Ava Gardner

Judy Garland

Kathryn Grayson

Leslie Howard (sadly short life, brilliant work, deserves more recognition today!)

Gene Kelly

Ann Miller

Margaret O'Brien

Walter Pidgeon

Jane Powell

William Powell

Debbie Reynolds

Norma Shearer

Barbara Stanwyck

James Stewart

Esther Williams

So i know that alot of these people have already had months devoted to them , but I would love to see it happen again:

audrey hepburn

lucille ball

marilyn monroe

fred&ginger

bob hope

frank sinatra

judy garland

clark gable

&& sooooooooooo many others...................................

Second to the Peter Lorre. I'm fairly new to TCM and missed the October they had for him. It would be nice to actually see/record a quality print of the harder-to-find films -- Crime And Punishment, I Was An Adventuress, Crack-Up, Der Verlorene, and more than the one Mr. Moto that's already on DVD.

Fredric March -- I'm not sure if there's already been one for him or even if there is enough available to fill a whole month, but Nothing Sacred, Design For Living and Dr. Jekyll And Mr. Hyde are some of my favorite movies. I'd love to finally see The Royal Family of Broadway.

Count me in for William Powell and Carole Lombard.

I don't know honestly but Melvyn Douglass sure doesn't get too much credit and he made some great movies. But I would just love a month of Thelma Ritter movies... I just adore her

Frank Sinatra or Woody Allen or Dustin Hoffman or Rosalind Russell would be good too

Richard Widmark! I don't think he has ever been Star of the Month. And more than deserving of a month of focus. My favorites of his films:

Pickup on South Street

Night and the City

Panic in the Streets

Kiss of Death

Two Rode Together

Cheyenne Autumn

No Way Out

Edward G. Robinson

(I second the Widmark suggestion)...also show THE STREET WITH NO NAME

Robert Ryan

Burt Lancaster

And who doesn't want to see another Bogart?

For ladies:

Grace Kelly

Marlene Dietrich

Rita Hayworth & Veronica Lake(call it the Eye Candy Month)