Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Favorite One Reel Wonder or From The Vault

zombi6422

I like everything, sans musicals.

Pete Smith shorts, Popular Mechanics segments, old Movietone News footage, "Crime Does Not Pay" series, and travelogues. How nice to sit down and find one of these nostalgic clips if I've only got a few minutes and can't really settle in for a feature-length movie!

I also love the "Travel Talks," especially since they were filmed in Technicolor. It fascinates me to see how different areas of our world looked back then in the 40's. And I also love the "100 Years at the Movies" - I can never get tired of watching that. TCM should do another segment like that.

Stlgal the "Crime Does Not Pay" series sounds like a hoot. Have not yet seen it. I LOVE old 40's and 50's hygene and etiquette<--(hadda look THAT one up my original spelling of it was SO bad! Bet Stlgal coulda spelled it!) shorts. Also, anything that talks about "The Fantastic World of the Future in 1960". All kinds of complicated and useless inventions that are WAY to much trouble to mess with. After any of these, I usually have to be scraped off the sofa like a burnt pancake off the grill.