Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Kazan

venerados

I heard about Elia Kazan's death just as Robert Osborne was talking about him in the intro to Baby Doll. An hour before I was marvelling to a friend that the principal actors and director of Baby Doll were still alive today.

I know he was talked about here not too long ago, but since I think he was one of the most important Hollywood directors of the 40s-50s, he could bear some more discussion.

Anyone have anything to say about Elia Kazan?

It gave me quite a shock seeing the news at Yahoo! right after watching On the Waterfront. I had also watched my favorite film of his, A Face in the Crowd, this past week. He was a great director and I admire his courage to face many controversial issues in his films.

Since Kazan was 94 years old I wasn't that shocked upon hearing the news of his death since that is a ripe old age.

He is to be credited for his masterful direction of some of the finest films ever made. One of my very favorites is "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" among others.

Of course he will also be remembered for his part in the commie witch hunts of the 1950s when he ratted out his contempories in order to save his own hide.

However that is something he had to live with.

Rest in peace Mr. Kazan. You were one of the best in your field.

Mongo