Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Has anyone ever seen The Maze?

This is a 1953 3D movie staring Richard Carlson. I saw it as a kid and was wondering if it has been on TCM Underground. It was a pretty good movie back then with the advertising catch "don't tell your friends the ending." How original. This guy goes to an old family castle leaving his fiance behind. She goes to get him at the castle and things get strange. I won't tell the ending.

There are some really good ones out there that many have not heard of. I wonder if decision makers as to what gets shown ever check what people are talking about on these threads? I was glad to see Curse of the Demon recently. The Maze would be a good one to show. The significance is that it was filmed in 3D although none of us have the glasses to make it work.

I was a little let-down by the ending.

Up until then, there was some really good, mysterious atmosphere for the build-up to the resolution of the mystery, but the actual resolution was a bit

disappointing. Still, a good film most of the way and worth seeing.

Yea LBJ was prez at the time for me. Creepy castles are always a good place for a scare. There is a movie called The Hatter's Castle although not a horror movie I remember being very impressionable. Robert Newton played an abusive husband and father who also cheated on his wife while trying to live at a level higher then his standing. I remember the castle burning down but that's about it.

I caught this movie on either AMC or TCM and can't forget how dissapoined I was in it--primarily because of the monster. I won't give away the ending butI researched this film and from what I understand, the budget for The Maze was almost non-existent. It had a good cast, especially Richard Carlson who never dissapoints. The atmosphere was good, too, since it took place in an old castle. But the climax of the movie was a real let-down. Maybe you'll see it differently from me because this is a movie that screams for a remake where the budget is bigger and they can afford to create a monster that really scares.