Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Does TCM ever answer "Contact Us" questions?

I've been trying for weeks now to get an answer from TCM to a simple question by posting it using the "Contact Us" button on the right side of the forum screen.  But I never hear a word.  I've sent them multiple requests and never get a reply.

Has anyone here EVER gotten a reply to a question they've posed via the Contact Us form?

Or does anyone have a real email or phone number to actually reach a human being at TCM?

TCM, you treat your customers with even more arrogance than AT&T, and that's saying a lot.

I've been trying for weeks now to get an answer from TCM to a simple question by posting it using the "Contact Us" button on the right side of the forum screen.  But I never hear a word.  I've sent them multiple requests and never get a reply.

Has anyone here EVER gotten a reply to a question they've posed via the Contact Us form?

Or does anyone have a real email or phone number to actually reach a human being at TCM?

TCM, you treat your customers with even more arrogance than AT&T, and that's saying a lot.

What is the question,  maybe folks here at the forum can answer it.

The moderator here does answer questions from time to time but it often takes a while for them to notice the question.  One can PM them directly.  

Hi Michele

I apologize for this. It appears that the "Contact Us" option is not working at the moment. We are aware, and hopefully it can be fixed soon. 

In the meantime, please feel free to send me a private message, or, as has been suggested, other members may also be able to help with questions you many have. They are quite familiar with how our message boards work, and can very often offer assistance :)

The question is why I can't use my DirecTV Now login credentials to access the Watch TCM app.  It offers up a list of what must be 100 different providers, but DTVN isn't one of them.  When I asked DTVN, they said it was TCM's choice.  I suppose TCM will tell me it was DTVN's choice.  I get TCM in my DTVN package, so why can't I use the app?

I use the contact us link at tcm.com rather than the one here.  Not sure what the difference is, if any.

Regardless, I almost never get an answer to even the simplest questions.  

I have submittted questions about the Now Playing Guide changeover to digital only and get an automated response telling me how to subscribe to the print edition that is being abolished.

Guess the thing to remember is that there are no commercials on TCM or this site, so they don't got a lot of money.

I use the contact us link at tcm.com rather than the one here.  Not sure what the difference is, if any.

Regardless, I almost never get an answer to even the simplest questions.  

I have submittted questions about the Now Playing Guide changeover to digital only and get an automated response telling me how to subscribe to the print edition that is being abolished.

Guess the thing to remember is that there are no commercials on TCM or this site, so they don't got a lot of money.

Okay now, you DO know why they don't reply to your questions posed on this website, don't ya? It of course is because our illustrious moderator corps have other and much higher priorities to attend to around here.

(...I mean, perusing all the various and sundry posts offered up on these boards and then editing out any words which might in ANY way be construed as "offensive" by them and replacing those words with a bunch of asterisks, and THEN posting at the bottom of those posts "edited by the moderator for language" is ALREADY pretty much a full-time job in itself, ya know!!!)

LOL

Okay now, you DO know why they don't reply to your questions posed on this website, don't ya? It of course is because our illustrious moderator corps have other and much higher priorities to attend to around here.

(...I mean, perusing all the various and sundry posts offered up on these boards and then editing out any words which might in ANY way be construed as "offensive" by them and replacing those words with a bunch of asterisks, and THEN posting at the bottom of those posts "edited by the moderator for language" is ALREADY pretty much a full-time job in itself, ya know!!!)

LOL

I often wondered if any of them were related to those pinch-faced harpies that used to go around at school dances sticking RULERS between guys and their dates making sure they didn't commit the henious sin of dancing TOO CLOSE!  :o

Sepiatone

I often wondered if any of them were related to those pinch-faced harpies that used to go around at school dances sticking RULERS between guys and their dates making sure they didn't commit the henious sin of dancing TOO CLOSE!  :o

Sepiatone

Yep, and which reminds me here...

I don't believe I've posted the following pic for quite some time now...

8d1690ef381b0faeeee74611b512cdc0--party-

(...and coincidentally a face which always reminded ME of my Grade-11 drama class teacher Mrs. Wilcox)

Yep, and which reminds me here...

I don't believe I've posted the following pic for quite some time now...

(...and coincidentally a face which always reminded ME of my Grade-11 drama class teacher Mrs. Wilcox)

The rumor is that most moderators here look more like Tiffany.    Oh and did you see her last Saturday.    She was dressed really nice and looked great.   I also believe she was solid.      To me she has made progress. 

The rumor is that most moderators here look more like Tiffany.    Oh and did you see her last Saturday.    She was dressed really nice and looked great.   I also believe she was solid.      To me she has made progress. 

Have to agree with you here, James.

(...and now REALLY getting off topic here)

Yep, I caught Tiffany just a week ago during one of her Saturday out-tros, and yep, have to say the young lady seems to be getting better at her hosting duties as time goes by.

The question is why I can't use my DirecTV Now login credentials to access the Watch TCM app.  It offers up a list of what must be 100 different providers, but DTVN isn't one of them.  When I asked DTVN, they said it was TCM's choice.  I suppose TCM will tell me it was DTVN's choice.  I get TCM in my DTVN package, so why can't I use the app?

Hi Michele

The Watch TCM app cannot be used with DTVN. 

Here on the Message Boards we don't generally have all the info regarding other services that TCM offers, but I was able to reach out and find an answer for you.

I hope this helps!  

Hi Michele

Here on the Message Boards we don't generally have all the info regarding other services that TCM offers, but I was able to reach out and find an answer for you.

I hope this helps!  

Good job, TCMMod1. I'm sure Michele will appreciate your reply here. I know I did, anyway.

And NOW get back to work, if you will!

(...I just saw somebody use a "bad word" over in the Off Topic Forum, and it SO offended me...but you'll have to find it for yourself...I ain't no tattletale, ya know)

LOL

Hi Michele

I hope this helps!  

Since this is the topic, I have to ask:   Is getting Watch TCM credentials up to TCM or up to the provider ?

Since this is the topic, I have to ask:   Is getting Watch TCM credentials up to TCM or up to the provider ?

My guess is the provider. I have Charter, and I am able to access Watch TCM on my laptop, which is usually how I watch movies these days. I can also watch on my IPad, but I had to download the "Watch TCM"  app.

• Like 1

I give up.  Who is Tiffany?  Got a picture?

• 2 years later...
On 2/2/2020 at 1:43 AM, barth said:

Why does a "G" movie become "PG" and a "PG" movie become "TV-14" when they air on TCM?

If I understand your question correctly, I believe it would be due to the differences between the rating system for movies and the rating system for television.

Movies in theaters use the MPAA system with classifications of G, PG, PG-13, and R

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motion_Picture_Association_of_America_film_rating_system

When a movie is shown on television in the U.S., however, it becomes subject to the Parental Guidelines system with ratings of TV-Y, TV-Y7, … up to TV-MA.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TV_Parental_Guidelines

Although the Parental Guidelines system was modeled after the MPAA system, there does not appear to be a direct 1-to-1 mapping of ratings between the two systems.  Movies that receive a ‘G’ rating for theatrical release may include content that qualifies for a TV-PG rating on television.  There are also FCC considerations involved with how programs are rated for public viewing on over-the-air broadcast stations.  As a cable channel, TCM is not as directly tied to the rating system, but inherits the classifications given to the films they show.

As an aside, it would seem that any time something is rated it may be subject to inconsistencies in how the ratings categories are applied.  Refer to the documentary This Film is Not Yet Rated (2006) for some insights on the vagaries of the MPAA system.