Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Inside Putin's Russia...

Russia ‘launders’ disinformation by using fake personas, U.S. writers

..........Graphika say members of that agency created a new site, Peace Data, which bills itself as a global news organization.

Its stories are designed to criticize Biden from the left, to steer possible voters away from his campaign.

It was also hostile to Trump, revealing the main Russian goal remains the same, sow division.

But one difference this time, they're trying to hire Americans. That's an attempt to launder the Russian origins of the disinformation.

And we turn now to the primary author of that Graphika report and memo, the firm's director of investigations....

.......you can see that the process was, get somebody else to write the story, so it looks authentic. And then you use the fake accounts to drop it in front of the communities that you're trying to target...........

• Peace Data has supposedly responded to these criticisms about it, saying that it's evidence that Facebook and the FBI — quote — "want to shut up independent left-wing voices."

Is that in some ways just part of the disinformation playbook?

• Ben Nimmo:

Yes, that's something we see every time there's an exposure of an information operation.

Part of what they will do is, they will raise — try and raise a storm of protest and say, we're not an information operation. You guys are.

It's an absolutely typical part of Russian information operations. And I have seen it with various different operations that have been taken down. It's part of the trolling game..............

And so the operation has had to take down part of what it was doing. And so, if their claim is that, we are just poor oppressed journalists, then the question remains, so why were you using A.I.-generated profile pictures in the first place?

And they don't seem to have an answer for that, which is why they're now trying to hide the evidence........"

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/russia-leverages-fake-personas-u-s-writers-to-spread-disinformation

:huh:

https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2020/09/03/pers-s03.html
The Times is making the age-old argument of every exhausted and reactionary ruling class: social protest is the product of “outside agitators.” And the logical conclusion is that these agitators must be silenced and suppressed.

It should also be pointed out that while the Times howls about this supposed threat to the US presidential election, the US government routinely intervenes on a truly massive scale in elections all over the world, promoting candidates subservient to its interests, and using all the methods in the arsenal of the CIA and State Department to rig outcomes, overthrow governments and suppress—frequently with bloodshed—those who come into conflict with Washington.
50 minutes ago, TalkTalk123 said:
https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2020/09/03/pers-s03.html
The Times is making the age-old argument of every exhausted and reactionary ruling class: social protest is the product of “outside agitators.” And the logical conclusion is that these agitators must be silenced and suppressed.

It should also be pointed out that while the Times howls about this supposed threat to the US presidential election, the US government routinely intervenes on a truly massive scale in elections all over the world, promoting candidates subservient to its interests, and using all the methods in the arsenal of the CIA and State Department to rig outcomes, overthrow governments and suppress—frequently with bloodshed—those who come into conflict with Washington.

So your argument is that the U.S.A. (presumably your country) interferes in elections abroad but that Russia never did that to the U.S. in 2016 or now and that they did not hack the DNC and provide the emails to wikileaks.  Or even if they did, which they didn't that's okay by you because America does it too.  Yeah, right.   If America is engaged in election interference as well I would say that they are not very good at it.

Russia if you are listening ... TalkTalk says you and Trump are innocent.

5 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

So your argument is that the U.S.A. (presumably your country) interferes in elections abroad but that Russia never did that to the U.S. in 2016 or now and that they did not hack the DNC and provide the emails to wikileaks.  Or even if they did, which they didn't that's okay by you because America does it too.  Yeah, right.   If America is engaged in election interference as well I would say that they are not very good at it.

Russia if you are listening ... TalkTalk says you and Trump are innocent.

You have a right to believe the high confidence evidence in the intelligence report that the hack in 2016 was from Russia. I have a right to believe that it was a download from an inside source who had access to the servers.

" My country", I was born in the USA, what is your country?, I'm 71 years old and I have an honorable service discharge from the US Army, my last job was in the printing industry and it was 30 years, I worked at Firestone tire for 5 years and I was a carnival worker for two and I paid taxes . I forgot, 7 years as a furniture mover 

You don't believe the US interferes in other countries elections?

"In the Serbo-Croat language", says Raditsa, "the communists have a phrase for true democrats who consent to collaborate with them for [the sake of] 'democracy'. It is Korisne Budale, or Useful Innocents."[14] In his 1947 book, Planned Chaos, Austrian-American economist Ludwig von Mises writes that the term "useful innocents" was used by Communists for liberals, whom von Mises describes as "confused and misguided sympathizers".[15]

https://www.strategic-culture.org/news/2020/08/08/russiagate-hoax-unravels-but-their-anti-russia-sanctions-dont/
There were no consequences for those officials who lied about WMD in Iraq. Donald Rumsfeld had put one of them, James Clapper, in charge of imagery analysis which, as you know, was the key to finding WMD. Clapper made a stunning admission in his memoir, Facts and Fears: Hard Truths From a Life in Intelligence. He wrote that “intelligence officers, including me, were so eager to help [Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld] that we found what wasn’t really there.”

In August 2017, CNN hired Clapper as their national security analyst.[94] In May 2018, Clapper expressed his support for CIA Director-designate Gina Haspel.[95]

INpvjAzI_bigger.jpg

Still no comment on this from or the State Department since Germany concluded a nerve agent was used:
Quote Tweet

6ZGVD2gv_normal.jpg

Christopher Miller

@ChristopherJM
· 1h
Today, NATO Secretary General Stoltenberg said, “There is proof beyond doubt that Mr. Navalny was poisoned using a military-grade nerve agent from the Novichok group.” He added: “We strongly believe this is a blatant violation of int’l law and it requires an int’l response.” twitter.com/jensstoltenber…

Microsoft: Foreign hackers are targeting Biden and Trump camps

.......Hackers linked to Russia, China, and Iran are trying to spy on people tied to both U.S. President Donald Trump and Democratic challenger Joe Biden, Microsoft Corp MSFT.O said Thursday.

The report came as Reuters revealed that one of Biden's main campaign advisory firms had been warned by the software giant that it was in the crosshairs of the same Russian hackers who intervened in the 2016 U.S. election.

The Microsoft statement highlights how advisers to both presidential campaigns are at risk from digital spies..........

https://www.nasdaq.com/articles/microsoft%3A-foreign-hackers-are-targeting-biden-and-trump-camps-2020-09-10

• 2 weeks later...

This hasn't gotten enough attention, but you need to know. Everybody needs to know.

1/ It's about the massive coverup campaign underway to disguise the octopus-like Russian election interference operation being run on Trump's behalf.

......6/ Then, on 9/9, a bombshell that few noticed. The head of intelligence at DHS (the top guy!) files a whistleblower complaint. He says the White House instructed him to bury info on Russian interference because it "made the President look bad.".....

7/ A day later (coincidence!), the Treasury Dept. sanctions Andriy Derkach, a Ukrainian politician in charge of spreading Biden conspiracy theories, and notes, offhand, that Derkach is indeed a Russian agent............

9/ What's happening is clear. American intel agencies, that are supposed to be totally apolitical, have been folded into Trump's campaign.

They are keeping info about Russian interference hidden,

and overhyping info about China and Iran helping Biden.......

10/ It's why Trump's former National Security Advisor, H.R. McMaster, said something today that is as shocking as it unsurprising.
He said Trump is "aiding and abetting" Putin's interference campaign.

Wow.

:huh:

============================================

- Que a Highway video........
;)
:rolleyes: