Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
andyboy

Has anyone seen: Frankenstein 1970

Hi everyone. When I was young, I saw a movie called Frankenstein 1970. I can't recall much of this movie, but I would love to see it again. If anyone has seen it, can you provide details of the film. I am certain, that Frankenstein 1970 would be a classic B horror film. I think the film was made in the 50's, but was called Frankenstein 1970, as a indication of the future, but I can be wrong.

Thanks,

andyboy

Message was edited by: andyboy

Message was edited by: andyboy

I saw this film in around 1960, although I believe it came out sometime before that, and it scared me half to death. I've not seen it since. Although I would love to. I'm sure it isn't scary at all, now. As far as I can remember, it had something to do with Baron Frankenstein being punished by the Nazis for either not doing what they wanted him to do, or for botching up some xperiments (I can't really remember). He continues to works as a scientist, and allows a television crew to come to his labs to film a documentary about him. His creation goes on a killing rampage for body parts.

I saw it around 1963, and don't remember much of anything, except a castle and a crude looking monster. I think the first scene was scary, where it's chasing a young girl, then the camera pulls back, and it's a film crew shooting scenes for a horror movie.

Message was edited by: Bronxgirl48

I have FRANKENSTEIN 1970 on VHS and it was released in 1958. Yes 1970 did seem a few years in the future back then!

The movie starts with shots of a "Frankenstein" monster chasing after a pretty blonde (Jana Lund), who runs into a swamp. The monster follows her into the swamp andf then the movie director yells "Cut".... the beginning is a scene being filmed for a new version of Frankenstein. The monster's face in this scene is never shown (just the back of his head) and it turns out to be just an actor without makeup on. (Mike Lane, who plays the "monster" in this scene, plays the monster seen in the rest of the movie)..

It turns out that Karloff plays a descendant of the original Baron Frankenstein, who rents out his castle to a movie crew so he can get money to buy an atomic reactor, which he plans to use to create a new monster. He succeeds in creating a new monster, which throughout the rest of the movie looks like a mummy with a large bandaged head (shaped like a wastepaper basket turned upside down!). At the end, when the monster and Baron Frankensdtein die, the monster's bandages are removed to reveal that the face is in the image of its maker (Karloff).

Not a great movie by any means, but not all that bad either. An enjoyabel "B" movie.

Thanks for the neat "wrap"-up. I remember that opening was shown on Chiller Theatre.

A wastepaper basket head mummy -- my kind of movie!

Message was edited by: Bronxgirl48

saw it long ago. was a long time fan of the universal series of monsters and mayhem (the creeper) at the time it seemed like they were putting drc/wolfie/frankie to rest little did i realize at the time that hammer films were there to pick up.

as some one else pointed out 1970 seemed a long way off. i allowed my self a little fright wondering what the world would be like in 1971 when I got out of highschool. i thought i was the only one who had seen this film.