Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Favorite Stars in Movie Poster Art

I agree about Stanwyck, Pintorini, but if we are talking '50s and '60s, I vote for Audrey!

Unfortunately, my work computer is being snotty about pics! But she is the most fabulous, fabulous star in posters. I don't think even Marilyn can compare.

Pintorini!!!!! I totally agree, although I would also love a 1 sheet of Funny Face -- I ADORE Audrey dancing!! But another movie poster goddess is definitely Bette!! She was fabulous in decades worth of poster art. Par example -- Storm Center from the 1950s -- Bette was JUST as gorgeous as she was in Jezebel in 1939!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Wow. There are 60+ images in this thread already? (That's a bit too time-consuming for my dial-up connection.) But wanted to put up this link to an interview TCM did with the author of a book on hand-painted poster art from the 1910s to 1930s - "Now Playing" by Anthony Slide

http://www.tcm.com/movienews/index/?cid=183776

And I will repost my own favorite poster image -

filmposter0001jpeg.jpg

Kyle In Hollywood

ps - If one can get in without registering, here is a link to an archive of early posters I put up at a Yahoo Group earlier this year -

http://movies.ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/refugees_tcm_message_boards/photos/browse/4740

Thanks Pintorini for your wonderful movie posters. You have included two of my favorites Barbara Stanwyck and Doris Day. The "Golden Boy" poster had two favs for one view Barbara and William Holden. The posters are beautiful to behold.

Ooh! I love this!! But there seems to be a conspicuously missing pair of MGM actresses who arguably have the best two pairs of eyebrows on the backlot (although I personally would argue for Greta Garbo and Vivien Leigh). But maybe you do not like the MGM ladies?