Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Kyle In Hollywood's CENSORED Poster Gallery

Gosh, they really are creepy. Wonderful work!

Cutter---You were right to be careful, we have to watch out for, "The Maaan."

We are all more offended than Kyle, he is being so gracious. lol

BTW, I was not toning it down for censors, I use the word, "gosh."

I really like that High Sierra poster, Kyle.

Bogie's face shows such lonely desperation, clinging only to his gun while beautiful Ida is just over his shoulder with the most profound look of silent love on her face. If only he could see it...

A sad poster that perfectly encapsulates the film.

*"I really like that High Sierra poster, Kyle. Bogie's face shows such lonely desperation, clinging only to his gun while beautiful Ida is just over his shoulder with the most profound look of silent love on her face. If only he could see it... A sad poster that perfectly encapsulates the film."* - JackFavell

I usually don't post "photo-based" posters to this thread because I think they aren't very interesting or unique. But, you're right. I, too, thought there was something special about this particular poster.

What I've never understood was why Warner Bros. used similar Bogart photos on the posters for *The Maltese Falcon*. He's nothing like Roy Earle in that film - but you wouldn't know that from the *Maltese Falcon* poster images.

MalteseFalconThe1941_Insert

Kyle In Hollywood

The "High Sierra" poster was from the origional release because Ida had top billing over Bogie. In later releases Bogies name was above hers because by that time he was the bigger star.. That was the film that George Raft turned down and so did Paul Muni. Raft said he didn't want to die at the end, but the character had to die and Muni said he had already done a gangster film "Scarface" so he passed also. Raoul Walsh suggested Bogie to Jack Warner, but Warner wasn't crazy about the idea but gave in and Bogies career took off after the film opened...

Wow, I think that's the most unusual poster you've even given us, Kyle. Paint splatters, polka dots, stripes, and Kerr looks like a ghost. But Ms. Caron looks lovely as always. Very odd but effective. Thanks.

*"But Ms. Caron looks lovely as always. Very odd but effective. Thanks."* - patful

And that's without showing her legs! You really _are_ smitten.

I don't "get it" myself. The artwork is all a bit too "avant-garde" for me. And I don't particularly like Fifties modern art.

But next week should make you really happy - if I don't jettison the image in favor of a week-long, Second Anniversary Halloween celebration.

Kyle In Hollywood