Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Kyle In Hollywood's CENSORED Poster Gallery

*"The Dodsworth poster ... is simply stunning."* - lzcutter

*"WOWZA!"* - JackFavell

*"I concur."* - Minya

And you haven't even seen the Italian version yet. Just you wait.

Kyle In Hollywood

Edited by: hlywdkjk on Oct 24, 2009 5:08 AM

'mvblair'/Matt -

Here's some more Swedish posters - both simple and more detailed - that might "pop" on the green walls.

Like before, "Click Through" to access larger sizes.

mvblair011

*Trapeze* (1932) Sweden

(Previously posted in smaller size)

mvblair010

*It Happened In New York* (1935) Sweden

mvblair009

*Sons O'Guns* (1936) Sweden

mvblair012

*If Only You Could Cook* (1935) Sweden

mvblair013

*Cafe Metropole* (1937) Sweden

mvblair014

*Stamboul Quest* (1934) Sweden

'mvblair'/Matt -

It also occured to me that "Window Card" posters may be more to your liking. Window Cards, because of their smaller size, were often much simpler images with few of the details that were found in the larger one-sheet posters for a film. Stylistically, they more closely resemble some of the WPA posters you found and printed.

Some contain the local theater imprint which I kinda like - especially if it is in a "classic" font. But if you don't like the printing, I can digitally remove it for you.

Using your "green/gold/yellow" color requests, I've gathered this collection of images in various styles for your perusal. And this set includes some titles with which you are probably familiar.

(Click Through to Access Larger Images)

mvblair018

*Sunrise* (1927)

(Previously posted in a smaller size)

mvblair019

*Revenge* (1928)

mvblair022

*Bolero* (1934)

mvblair016

*The Benson Murder Case* (1930)

mvblair015

*The Crowd* (1928)

mvblair017

*Love Among The Millionaires* (1930)

mvblair021

*On Your Back* (1930)

mvblair020

*Queen Christina* (1933)

Enjoy!

Kyle In Hollywood

Kyle-

As ever, I am loving the *Halloween Darkness Before Dawn* Posters. But the Swedish posters and the green/gold/yellow series you put up for *mvblair* have been an unexpected bonus! They're great! :)

*"...the Swedish posters and the green/gold/yellow series you put up for mvblair have been an unexpected bonus! They're great!"* - Mlle. Minya

Pleased you are enjoying them. I hope 'mvblair' finds one or two images he likes too.

*"As ever, I am loving the Halloween Darkness Before Dawn Posters."*

Just a little peak behind the curtain of Halloween week.

h3. Boo!

4040529333_8b1df69f1b_o.jpg

Kyle In Hollywood

I love these Halloween posters and window cards!

Like Minya I am gobbling up all the beautiful artwork you are posting for myblair. I especially like the white background group with Garbo and Clara Bow, though all of them are gorgeous. Even the lettering is worth taking a special look at.

I am amazed that the *Doctor X* poster makes NO mention of Glenda Farrell, who totally makes that film , to me anyway. :)

> {quote:title=musicalnovelty wrote:}{quote}

> The posters are correct: Glenda Farrell was in "Mystery of the Wax Museum", not "Doctor X".

Ahhhh! I'm sorry!

Now I have to chastise my cable company, because the little title blurb at the bottom of my TV screen said that it was Doctor X that was playing! Thanks very much for the correction, because I was definitely going to look for Doctor X next year so I could record it. Imagine my disappointment when it turned out to be a different movie......

*"Kyle, beginning with the Dodsworth poster, I am loving the way the color yellow is used. To this non-artist, it's jumping out at me."* - cinemafan

Yeah. Even on these "yellow" webpages it still "pops" - though it makes me slightly nauseous to see so much yellow in here at one time.

*"Like Minya I am gobbling up all the beautiful artwork you are posting for myblair. I especially like the white background group with Garbo and Clara Bow, though all of them are gorgeous. Even the lettering is worth taking a special look at."* - JackFavell

Very "marimekko-esque", isn't it? BTW - How's your home decorating going?

If I was 'mvblair', I'd try putting the Garbo *Queen Christina* and the Dietrich *Angel* together on the walls and see if they look good next to one another. But I'd like the William Powell on my walls. Even the imprint lettering at the top of the card adds to that image.

While I have more images than will probably ever be posted here (and access to so many more), I will admit I am sitting on some stuff to save for my own use in this Gallery when the need arises. Hopefully 'mvblair' has found something to use until something better comes along.

As to the Gallery, I _still_ need to plan this coming Saturday's offerings. I have so much from which to choose. Will it be "Classic" (But I did that back on Page One.), "Mid-Century Creepy" ("Hammer" time) or "Campy" ("The Crawling Eye")? It really is an embarrasment of riches on this hard-drive.

I know the image isn't crisp and pristine but I can't believe nobody was taken with the idea of *Miss Sadie Thompson* in 3-D! That bit of info was what made the poster for me. Or am I the only person who didn't know the film was presented (for a time) in 3-D?

Kyle In Hollywood

You know what I like, Kyle. Garbo and Dietrich would look amazing together! And it would be kind of funny to have that rivalry going on on your walls.....

Rita in 3D really conjures up a picture, doesn't it... "You'll poke your eye out, kid..."

*I know the image isn't crisp and pristine but I can't believe nobody was taken with the idea of Miss Sadie Thompson in 3-D! That bit of info was what made the poster for me. Or am I the only person who didn't know the film was presented (for a time) in 3-D?*

I didn't know it was presented in in 3-D, but I did have a good giggle over someone as va-va-voom as Rita Hayworth being presented in this format. I wonder if any of the men seeing it passed out in the aisles from overexcitement? :)

A perfect double bill, Kyle -

*Nosferatu* and *Les Diaboliques*. Great use of black. I actually stayed up to watch both films - not on purpose but because my dog was sick. It was wonderful to see the whole Nosferatu, since the last time I saw it itwas chopped to pieces and barely made sense.

Minya -

I cannot believe that you got to watch Les Diaboliques in french class! All we ever did was listen to those awful tapes. Once we made Croque Monsieur.