Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Kyle In Hollywood's CENSORED Poster Gallery

Love the posters for Nosferatu and Diabolique, Kyle. The one for Diabolique is highly imaginative. The two-tone black of the female shadow is brilliant, as is the white of the man. And are those rats in the Nosferatu poster? That would be perfect.

*"Love the posters for Nosferatu and Diabolique, Kyle.* - FrankGrimes

'Bout time you piped up in here. But it's no surprise to me it took a German Silent for you find something to say.

It wasn't until recently that I picked up that the female figure in the *Les Diabolques* was actually representing the _two_ women - one in the "dots" and the second in black with her arm around the other.

*And are those rats in the Nosferatu poster? That would be perfect.*

That they are. They show up in a few other images for the film also.

Nosferatu-eine-Symphonie-des-Grauens

'Bout time you piped up in here. But it's no surprise to me it took a German Silent for you find something to say.

:D I've been paying attention. The horror posters are certainly my speed. I caught the Dragonwyck and Lewton posters. I liked the Bela posters, too.

It wasn't until recently that I picked up that the female figure in the Les Diabolques was actually representing the two women - one in the "dots" and the second in black with her arm around the other.

Wow! I didn't catch that! You are right. Geez, it's more imaginative than I realized. What a fascinating poster.

That they are. They show up in a few other images for the film also.

More brilliant Nosferatu artwork! We rats, thank you.

My brother just asked me yesterday what vampire film I thought was the best, and it's definitely Nosferatu, for me. Followed by a film called Let the Right One In.

*My brother just asked me yesterday what vampire film I thought was the best, and it's definitely Nosferatu, for me. Followed by a film called Let the Right One In.*

I'm so excited that you like Let The Right One In! it's easily one of the best vampire films I've seen in a while (Near Dark being one of the other biggies), and just plain one of the best movies I've seen recently. I just finished the book too, and it made me appreciate what a good job they did in adapting it.

I'm so excited that you like Let The Right One In!

Really? I thought that would be rather worrisome to you. :D

it's easily one of the best vampire films I've seen in a while (Near Dark being one of the other biggies), and just plain one of the best movies I've seen recently.

It is. My kind of vampire film.

I just finished the book too, and it made me appreciate what a good job they did in adapting it.

Very cool!

And I love these Nosferatu posters. They are near the top of all the posters posted on this great thread.

*"Ms. Caron. Ms. Caron's legs. Ms. Caron's legs in fishnets. Thanks, Kyle."* - patful

While most of the posters for Leslie Caron's films are lacking in "specialness", this wasn't one of them. I knew it would be a poster that _really_ pleased you. (Stockings with Seams!)

You're _very_ welcome. It was all for you.

Kyle In Hollywood

*"More brilliant Nosferatu artwork! We rats, thank you."* - FrankGrimes

What's with you and this vermin fascination, bud? Do I have to go out and find a *Willard* poster now for Halloween?

Nosferatu-eine-Symphonie-des-Grauens_003

(Click Through For A Larger Version)

Kyle In Hollywood

*"You had me a little worried about what Karloff images were coming after the Frankenstein discussion..."* - Mlle. Minya

Don't be afraid, my dear. There's nothing scary coming in the Gallery. It will all be innocent stuff. I promise.

Halloween004

h3. Bwahahaha!

*"Oooooh!! I love The Shadow!!!!"* - Mlle. Minya

Glad you like it but I didn't post the artwork for "The Shadow"in the foreground. I think there's just something "special" about the painting in the background, doncha think?

Kyle (or should I say "squint") In Hollywood

*I think there's just something "special" about the painting in the background, doncha think? *

You mean that it's a skull? Please tell me it's the skull and I'm not missing the forest for the trees.

*"Please tell me it's the skull and I'm not missing the forest for the trees."* - Mlle. Minya

No. You're not lost in the trees. I just wasn't sure if you noticed.

So, have you picked out a costume for Halloween? How's this?

Minya_Halloween001

Kyle In Hollywood

Oh my gosh!

Can it really be the Poster Gallery's Second Anniversary? The date of the original post that kicked this marvelous thread off says it is!

Congrats to Kyle for bringing us daily all these wonderful posters! Looking forward to many more!

Thanks, Chief!

Thanks for remembering. I truly appreciate it.

Hopefully it won't take another two years to find a new "favorite" to replace the recently posted *Dodsworth*. I'm betting the Italian *Dodsworth* could be just the one to do it.

Kyle In Hollywood

*So, have you picked out a costume for Halloween? How's this?*

While I think I'd make a great piratess, it's supposed to be cold and rainy this weekend here in Seattle. Also, I will be helping to take a six year old trick or treating sooooo...maybe next year. :)