Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Kyle In Hollywood's CENSORED Poster Gallery

*"What a TREAT those posters are!"* - cinemafan

*"This forum is an embarrassment of riches tonight!!"* - Mlle. Minya

Hey. It's Halloween. Everyone is supposed to get a bag-full of treats tonight.

I am so happy you both have enjoyed the collection. Until last night, I was still on the fence about how best to celebrate the day. I was thinking of doing all "Poe". Or a Universal/Hammer mash-up. But once I hit upon the idea of "Universal-International", the foreign images won out.

That's all the creepy stuff for this Halloween. I now get to work on what _some_ would call the "creepy stuff" in November (aka - Grace Kelly) - but I am not one of them that feels that way. And after Mr. Grimes' "bliss-out" yesterday, maybe I should take it easy on him in November and skip the Grace posters altogether.

*"There's a restaurant near me called "El Cuervo" - should I dine there or not?"* - cinemafan

Go ahead. But I wouldn't order the "chicken".

Kyle In Hollywood

*"Is that a British quad? Don't think I've ever seen one that shape. Thanks."* - patful

I thought it was but I sought out the site where I found it just to make sure. It isn't a UK Quad poster. The poster is actually a UK HalfSheet. It measures 22"x28".

*"Kyle, your display of posters for Halloween is simply outstanding. Good stuff!"* - mongo

Thanks Joe. Once I settled on the "International" idea, it was a fun to assemble and group the images. I was quite pleased with the results. Glad you enjoyed them.

Kyle In Hollywood

*"Hitch to Ford. Now that's a severe drop-off."* - FrankGrimes

Ouch!

You're really tempting me to go "Grace-Free" this month, buster.

Let's look at some of these posters; *Fourteen Hours* has no Grace, there's a nice *High Noon* without Grace, a *Dial M...* with only Hitchcock and lots of *Bridges In Toko-Ri* with nary a blonde in sight.

I originally planned to post an image for *The Red Pony* today but changed my mind. I decided to post a *The Grapes Of Wrath* poster today because -

1. The French version posted earlier this year "scared" (and disappointed) people,

2. Having a "fine art" inset in the poster is a very unique event - especially from an artist with the renown of Thomas Hart Benton,

3. This is likely the last month for *The Grapes Of Wrath* to be shown on TCM. The film isn't scheduled after November - not even during "31 Days..." next February.

If you keep maligning *The Grapes Of Wrath*, TCM may just pass on getting *Laura* from Fox Studios anytime soon.

Kyle (just joshing ya) In Hollywood

Edited by: hlywdkjk on Nov 3, 2009 7:15 PM

Kyle, for some reason, today's poster reminded me of the pictures in Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel and Lois Lenski's childrens' books. The truck and people in particular. I don't know why, maybe the machinery and 1930s artwork. I like it a lot.

*"...today's poster reminded me of the pictures in Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel and Lois Lenski's childrens' books."* - cinemafan

Just call me "Billy Dawn". You're talking over my head. Those references don't bring to mind anything specific for me.

If you're interested -

http://www.stateoftheozarks.net/Cultural/Craftsmanship/Painting/ThomasHartBenton.html

Kyle In Hollywood

*Does sailor with a cigarette in his mouth looks like a young Robert Ryan or Rod Cameron?*

Robert Ryan to these eyes.

None of them, background or foreground, look anything like William Holden. At least to these eyes.

I stuck around for *The Fleet's In* too, and William Holden didn't look like William Holden in the movie, either. I actually spent most of the time looking at him trying to figure out why he didn't look like himself. Did he actually have work done, or did he just take some time to grow into his features?

I thought William Holden of *The Fleet's In* looked just the same as the William Holden of *Golden Boy*. But I think sailor's outfits make everyone look "different". And the poster isn't too far off on his likeness either.

Kyle In Hollywood