Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Kyle In Hollywood's CENSORED Poster Gallery

*"I know it is one of your faves so I hope you enjoy "One, Two, Three" later today!"* - lzcutter

I am just happy it is back on the TCM schedule. And, who knows? Maybe for the Anniversary Reunion Special...

Kyle In Hollywood

-----------------

"I saw Robert Benchley in his shorts!" - Fred Allen

-----------------

For years I have seen Ben Mankiewicz doing his intros in various areas of his "loft" set which is dominated by the signs for the Hollywood Freeway, etc. But over near the elevator doors, there is a vertical display of three small reprints of film posters. Each of the posters has a red color scheme. For years I've been trying to discern what the three movie posters were for.

One was easily recognised. I quickly picked out the bottom poster as a *West Side Story*. And I got really lucky when I came upon the middle poster online one day. It is a fun image for a unique film. (For awhile I thought it was for *Marked Woman* but I was wrong about that.) But I have spent many afternoons hoping to get a good look at the poster at the top of the the trio but never could get any details that would help in my search. Until today. Ben was doing the intro for *The Incredible Mr. Limpet* and I got enough of a look to go on a search. And, sure enough. I finally know what the loft triptych consists of.

For anyone that may want to re-create Ben's Loft Posters, here they are in reverse order.

(Clicking on the image will allow you to access larger versions at Flickr)

Ben Set 03

Ben Set 02

Ben Set 01

Kyle In Hollywood

-----------------

"I caught Robert Benchley in his shorts!" - Fred Allen

-----------------

*"I am unfamiliar with this film, but I LOVE the poster. Which I'm sure will come as a surprise to you, Kyle."* - Mlle. Minya

Not at all. Not at all. If you didn't profess a fondness for the "girl with a heart of ice" I would have been surprised. And heartbroken.

Kyle In Hollywood

*"Kyle, terrific detective work on providing Ben's posters for us!"* - cinemafan

*"I am so happy you finally figured out the Ben Mank wall art! I love those 3 posters together, but the "Youth Aflame" poster is really great. Congratulations."* - JackFavell

It is just another of those little TCM details that only I obsess over.

I actually asked about those posters when I was in Atlanta last year but no one I asked knew what films they were for. I probably just didn't ask the right people.

I think the color for the *Blow Up* I posted below is "off" and shouldn't be quite so pastel. But it is the best image I could find online.

Kyle In Hollywood

Wooooooh, thanks for bringing this up, LZ, and thank you, Kyle for not only pointing me in the right direction, but also for posting that *HOT* poster of Virginia! I just finished watching this flick, and wow! Been watching her all day though and it's been FINE! :)

*thanks for bringing this up, LZ*

Glad to have been of help, Mark! The Chief has quite a collection of posters here. Everyday a new one.

Worth checking every day or two if you are so inclined. He has something for everyone.