Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Kyle In Hollywood's CENSORED Poster Gallery

> {quote:title=lzcutter wrote:}{quote}

> *thanks for bringing this up, LZ*

>

> Glad to have been of help, Mark! The Chief has quite a collection of posters here. Everyday a new one.

>

> Worth checking every day or two if you are so inclined. He has something for everyone.

So I've noticed!!! Thank you very much!

And thanks, Kyle, my man!

*"...thank you Kyle for not only pointing me in the right direction, but also for posting that HOT poster of Virginia!"* - markbeckuaf

You're welcome. Glad you found your way over here.

If you are interested in poster artwork, there are many images in this Gallery that you may enjoy.

Check out the first few pages of the Gallery. (Click on "Original Post" in the blue banner at the top of this page.) After some early Universal horror images, there are a few interesting images from the 30s ("Nora Moran", "Bad Girl", etc.) that have been really popular.

Kyle In Hollywood

I don't know which of those I like better. They are both extremely effective, but are so because of their completely different styles.

The Black Legion one is scary and bare bones, like a sock in the jaw. It gets it's point across immediately. I really like the not-so-veiled reference to the clan and death.

The Petrified Forest one is beautiful. Soft and warm, with gorgeous artwork, but it has the same menace in the background as the other poster.

Great combination, Kyle. Thanks for posting them together.

*"I'm sure it's difficult to find any that I haven't seen, Kyle, but you certainly did with that one. Simple, unusual, and just beautiful! I do love those shades of green. Thanks."* - patful

You're welcome.

I think it is a pretty special poster too. That it was "new" to you is a bonus. I only wish the poster was in better shape without the creasing and discoloration.

I've given up believing I have any O'Brien poster images that you haven't seen. The "personalized" window cards I posted a while back proved that. I couldn't believe you knew I had editted out Lionel Barrymore from over her shoulder.

Even though you will likely be familiar with each of the *Big City* three poster images I have, it is too special a day not to commemorate it with a poster posting in January. But I do have high hopes that the *Bad Bascomb* one-sheet I recently saw may be unseen. Just maybe?

Nah! I doubt it.

Kyle In Hollywood

*I've given up believing I have any O'Brien poster images that you haven't seen.* - Kyle

Never give up! I rarely venture out from our favorite source anymore, so you could surprise me. When I became interested in posters three years ago, I intended to find all I could of O'Brien, Allyson, Barrymore, Durante, and Garland. I found it *way* too big to handle (don't know how you do it!), so I just stopped collecting at O'Brien and just browse through all the others now. Same with OTR.

*Even though you will likely be familiar with each of the Big City three poster images I have, it is too special a day not to commemorate it with a poster posting in January.*

Still no trailer for it, and I'm still freaking out. Must stay calm. But all must be right with the world, because the cow still knelt at midnight on Christmas morning. :-) Thanks for *Little Women* and *Tenth Avenue Angel* tonight, TCM, my "must-see-TV" at Christmastime.

*"Very nice, and even creepier than the movie."* - patful

*"Thanks, Kyle. Been looking forward to seeing this for a long time. Nice pick!"* - Mr6666

You're both welcome. I'm surprised at the positive reactions. I didn't expect an "Underground" selection to elicit any response let alone a complimentary one.

Kyle In Hollywood

> {quote:title=hlywdkjk wrote:}{quote}

> *"The Arrowsmith poster is dynamite! I love it!"* - lzcutter

>

> Thanks. Glad you like it. So glad, that if you click on this thumbnail you can access a REALLY large version.

>

> Arrowsmith1931_LARGE

>

> Kyle In Holllywood

I did (click on the thumbnail) and the *large* version is even more Dynamite! Beautiful!

*"Geez Kyle, where do you find these? Beautiful!"* - Mr6666

Well, I consider finding that one just really lucky. A site I frequent had this one image for *Miss Mend*. The site includes uploads of DVD covers and other assorted images for films so it might not be a "vintage" poster but a DVD cover for a recent Russian release of the film.

But I want to think it is an actual poster. It is almost too good a representaion of Russian "style" to have been done contemporarily.

Kyle In Hollywood

OK. I guess the *Why We Fight* set wasn't popular so I'll try again.

Monday, December 7th - Part Two

*Frank Capra - A TCM Spotlight*

film_posterDec07c

Frank Capra Lobby Personality Poster

film_posterDec07b

*Arsenic And Old Lace* (1944) Germany

I actually liked the *Why We Fight* set. I just didn't post anything. Now I feel so GUILTY! :)

But *Arsenic and Old Lace* is one of my favorite movies. Even though the artist made the old ladies look like men in grandma drag. :)