Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Kyle In Hollywood's CENSORED Poster Gallery

*I guess the Why We Fight set wasn't popular...* - Kyle

Hey, I was busy watching the series, both live and recorded. So I just now got to see the posters! Might not have been popular, but very much appreciated by me. Thanks, Kyle.

I had them programmed in one of my first Challenges, but had to scrap it due to lack of premieres. So I was thrilled to get a chance to finally see them. Thanks, TCM!

*"I actually liked the "Why We Fight" set. I just didn't post anything."* - Mlle. Minya

*"Might not have been popular, but very much appreciated by me. Thanks, Kyle."* - patful

Thanks you two. Now I feel guilty.

Kyle In Hollywood

*"I think you just made Pat's day."* - lzcutter

Oh, he has probably seen that image many times (and may even own the actual poster himself. Wouldn't surprise me.)

But I've never been able to figure out just what that is that is hanging off Laughton's shoulder. (Not O'Brien. The OTHER shoulder.)

Kyle In Hollywood

*...I've never been able to figure out just what that is that is hanging off Laughton's shoulder.* - Kyle

I just finished watching the movie. If you look closely at the poster, it looks like a plucked chicken in attack mode. But throughout the movie, and in other posters, Laughton wears puffy sleeves. It's probably just a sloppy attempt at blending with the background.

Thanks for the poster, Kyle, and thanks for showing the movie, TCM. :-) :-)

*"It's probably just a sloppy attempt at blending with the background."* - patful

It is certainly "something else" - plucked chicken or not.

Funny thing. I have a 3-Sheet poster for the film on my hard drive (which you have no doubtably seen yourself) that is also "odd" in an unfinished way. It has a partial white background that makes no sense - as if there was something "left out" or not completed. I wonder what was up with the film that both of the posters for the film were released in a seemingly incomplete manner.

*"Thanks for the poster, Kyle, and thanks for showing the movie, TCM."*

TCM is giving you a "two-fer" this coming Sunday but I won't be acknowledging either of them in here. Sorry. Even in this season of giving, two O'Brien posters in a month seemed quite adequate. Don't want to be accused of "favoritism" - no matter how guilty of playing favorites that I may be. But there's always January. (Yes, it's still there.)

Kyle In Hollywood

*I have a 3-Sheet poster for the film on my hard drive...that is also "odd" in an unfinished way.* - Kyle

Ah yes, the one where 30% of Laughton's head is missing. We'll make it a triple oddity. The title card has a large blank space below Laughton's oversized moustache. Maybe they were trying to make him look ghostly (or disembodied), or they were over budget and saved some money on art supplies.

*Yes, it's still there.*

Unfortunately, so is the image of Tracy/Rainer on the database page for *Big City* , despite my correction. And no trailer uploaded. So my doubts are still lingering. Arg...

*"Ah yes, the one where 30% of Laughton's head is missing."* - patful

Yes! It is like they were going paint in a picture frame or piece of ornate furniture that Laughton was supposed to be peering around. But the representation of O'Brien is really nice in the 3-Sheet.

*"Unfortunately, <...> the image of Tracy/Rainer on the database page for Big City , despite my correction. And no trailer uploaded. So my doubts are still lingering. Arg..."*

Dude! Chill!

It is the second week of December. The January "Now Playing" guides are likely in the mail. It would have to be a REALLY unexpected problem to have next month's schedule changed now. And after the disappointments last year, you don't really think TCM would dare do that you again, do you? I didn't meet anyone in Atlanta that would be so cruel or sadistic.

Kyle (Chillin') In Hollywood

*It would have to be a REALLY unexpected problem to have next month's schedule changed now.* - Kyle

I'm not fearing a schedule change, just an accidental substitution of the wrong *Big City* by the lender. If the database can confuse them, it's possible. And that bad copy of *Three Wise Fools* . And snowstorms in Cheyenne, ice storms here, DISH problems, power outages... So unnerved by the thought of it all that I won't even watch it live. I'll set the DVD recorder and leave the room. Serenity now...

Listen. The Database also combined the credits for Jason Robards, Sr. and Jason Robards, Jr. Confusing stuff like that happens in the Database often. But it doesn't bleed over into the programming dept.

The fact that both films with that title are on the January schedule leads me to believe that they know there are two separate and distinct films - especially when using the _important_ title in a the b-day salute to Miss O'Brien.

But there is nothing I can say about the weather in Cheyenne. or Texas. Or Atlanta. Even I can't influence Mother Nature.

Your Optimisitc Friend

*Confusing stuff like that happens in the Database often. But it doesn't bleed over into the programming dept.* - Kyle

It's whoever provides them with the copies that I fear, not the programmers. They can't possibly preview every movie that they show.

I'm just being my paranoid self. What's this? A notice from TCM that *Little Women* has been removed from the schedule. :-(

*"What's this? A notice from TCM that Little Women has been removed from the schedule."* - patful

Seriously? Or facetiously? It is still on the the schedule for the 24th. And it wasn't on the schedule for January, was it?

Worrying about YOU, not the schedule.

Nice *Liberty Valance* poster. Wayne's eyes are intense.

*Seriously? Or facetiously?* - Kyle

Really, I checked my mail just before bed and saw the notice. Just a weird coincidence with our talk of schedule changes.

*Worrying about YOU...*

Don't worry, I'll survive. I imagine I'd still be around with the cockroaches after a global nuclear war. :-)

*Just keep your eyes open on that day.* - JackFavell

Thanks, but I'm not sure which day!

*"Really, I checked my mail just before bed and saw the notice. Just a weird coincidence with our talk of schedule changes."* - patful

Of course, I assume you mean the '49 *Little Women*. Odd in that the film was already shown once this month so I can't think of why it would need to be removed for the Christams Eve/Christams Day showing.

*"Don't worry, I'll survive."*

Kyle In Hollywood

*"Hey, Kyle, that poster is all wrong. I can see Wayne's face. It should be covered in shadow."* - FrankGrimes

Hey yourself. But I just post 'em. Take up the discussion of the artistic merits with those that know about such things - like Mrs.Cutter or MissG. Or are you in their doghouse yet again?

4178658617_280edbfc56_o.jpg

Kyle In Hollywood

*...why it would need to be removed for the Christams Eve/Christams Day showing.* - Kyle

Maybe it's the February slot? Or maybe Mr. Grinch Dobbs complained one too many times about repeats. ;-)

*Insert optimistic O'Brien quote here.*

Okay. "Is it the truth? Will I see?" ;-)

"Iiiiiii got a million of 'em." Oops, that's Durante.

"God sit on your pillow."