Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Kyle In Hollywood's CENSORED Poster Gallery

"31 Days Of Oscar Movie Posters" - with 2-for-1 Weekends

Sunday March 2nd

(In 1954, an Honorary Academy Award was bestowed to Pete Smith - "For his witty and pungent observations on the American scene in his series of "Pete Smith Specialties".)

film_posterMar02b

Kyle: Thank you for the poster for THE DIVORCEE which features the lovely Norma Shearer. I'm really looking forward to watching THE DIVORCEE and A FREE SOUL, again. I have seen both of these titles at least three times but they are my favorite of the pre-codes, and I can never see enough of Norma Shearer. Thanks again!

"Thanks so much for the beautiful posters and especially for the nod to Pete Smith. Nice to see he was appreciated. Have any for Robert Benchley? Lately your thread's are the only ones worth taking a look at." - mr6666

That's quite the compliment. I was really excited to post the Pete Smith poster - though it was a last minute addition to the "31 Days..." series. Sadly, I don't have any posters for Robert Benchley shorts. Forgiven? - kjk

"I love movie poster which sometimes are much more interesting than the actual film (this is specially true in horror or sci-fi films)" - joefilmone

That describes a lot of the images I have - save for the horror & sci-fi part. The best horror images I have went up in the first days of this thread.. I'll have to look to see what others might still be around. - kjk

"Kyle: Thank you for the poster for THE DIVORCEE which features the lovely Norma Shearer. I'm really looking forward to watching THE DIVORCEE and A FREE SOUL, again. I have seen both of these titles at least three times but they are my favorite of the pre-codes, and I can never see enough of Norma Shearer. Thanks again!" - whistlingypsy

You're most welcome. Thanks for letting me know you enjoyed it. - kjk

"I've liked your comedic poster turn of late, Kyle." - FrankGrimes

Awww. You're just saying that.

But what you really mean is "Thank God I haven't had to look at Gary Cooper again lately."

Am I right?

And don't worry. There won't be any Fords anytime soon either. I haven't finished with the comedians just yet.

Kyle In Hollywood

But what you really mean is "Thank God I haven't had to look at Gary Cooper again lately."

Am I right?

You know me too well.

But, in the sincerest tone I could ever possibly muster for you, I have enjoyed your batch of comedic posters.

Kyle these comedy posters are great, thank you again for all of this.

The "Keystone Kops" poster is very cool, it is simple, yet says so much, it's fabulous!

And could there be a better poster topic? I think not!

Addie

NY, NY

This poster put a huge grin on my face.

6 reels of Joy!

This is the great Film he has been working for a whole year!

Definitely one of my most favorites that I've seen here, and it wasn't easy considering how great these posters are.

Kyle: a great series on the silent comics! I really enjoyed those featuring Ben Turpin and Snub Pollard. Do you have any posters featuring Rosce "Fatty" Arbuckle and his nephew Al St. John? The two made a wonderful comic duo and later paired with Buster Keaton in such films as THE COOK (1917).

whistlingypsy -

In all my online activity, I have never come across a "quality" poster for a Fatty Arbuckle film. I don't think I ever saw a mediocre poster either. So, sadly, "No". I don't have one to share.

I wasn't even sure if "Snub" Pollard & Max Davidson were comedians at first. I snaggd them just because it said "Hal Roach" in big letters.

The "comedians" is continuing in here for the rest of the week. I think everyone will find a few surprises among those yet to come. And I hope you will enjoy them as much as you have enjoyed the ones posted so far.

Kyle In Hollywood