Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Kyle In Hollywood's CENSORED Poster Gallery

Hi Kyle-

I guess it's just been a little hectic around here lately. I'm not sure why. :) But when I haven't been running around, I've been sleeping. Plus, I'm starting to plan another overseas excursion for next February or so.

*Are you looking forward to Pirates Of The Caribbean night on Wednesday?* Totally! It's the one night this week when I don't have something to do. So excited!! But I think I'll make sure to watch *Gorgeous Hussy* before it all starts, since it is something I aspire to. ;)

*"Plus, I'm starting to plan another overseas excursion for next February or so."* - Mlle. Minya

Back to Paris? Or taking wing to another part of the globe?

*"But I think I'll make sure to watch "Gorgeous Hussy" before it all starts, since it is something I aspire to."*

Well, you already _are_ my "first" lady.

Kyle In Hollywood

*Back to Paris? Or taking wing to another part of the globe?*

London this time-some friends are moving there and have extended an invitation. I've never been there and not having to pay for a hotel makes it a whole lot cheaper, so I couldn't pass up the opportunity. Of course, said friend still has to officially be accepted into school, sooooo...... :)

*Well, you already are my "first" lady.*

:)

That's an interesting poster, with the romantic or vaguely impressionistic artwork for Lucille Ball (it's really lovely), and then the caricatures at the bottom - do you know who did the drawings? The one of Virginia O'Brien looks so much like Hirschfeld to me, but then, I am sure there were Hirschfeld copycats out there.

Even before the faces registered, I knew what movie this was. It's such a classic, and the use of the profiles underscores the seriousness of the film itself. And seeing the German poster makes it all the more dramatic.

*"It's such a classic, and the use of the profiles underscores the seriousness of the film itself. And seeing the German poster makes it all the more dramatic."* - DougieB

You're so right. I have a US version of this poster that is a virtual replica of the one below - but I chose the German version because of the added impact that one makes.

Glad you liked it as much as I did.

Kyle In Hollywood