Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Kyle In Hollywood's CENSORED Poster Gallery

So cute, but is there a scene even remotely like this in the movie? It's been a few years since I've watched it, but I don't remember one. Now I have a good reason to watch it again. I like how inventive poster artists can get sometimes for foreign releases.

*"So cute, but is there a scene even remotely like this in the movie? It's been a few years since I've watched it, but I don't remember one."* - DougieB

Nope. Not on the trunk of an elephant. But in a branch of a tree.

--------------------

*"Tarzan looks more like Elmo Lincoln than Weismuller."* - joefilmone

You're SO right.

TarzanOfTheApes1918_Orig

(1918) starring Elmo Lincoln

-----------------------

*"The Two Weeks with Love poster is one patful would have loved!"* - lzcutter

*"I thought the same thing."* - JackFavell

I miss our gam-crazy friend very much.

Kyle In Hollywood

Sunday, April 3rd

film_posterApr03

The final reel (all that exists) of John Ford's *The Village Blacksmith* is shown tonight as part of TCM's presentation of "Fragments", a collection of rare films' only known existing footage from archives around the world.

(Click Through on Above Image to Access Larger Versions.)

GORGEOUS!!!!!

The Blacksmith is played by *Will Walling*, who later appeared in Ford's *The Iron Horse* (1924), *Little Robinson Crusoe* (1924) with Jackie Coogan, and *The Painted Desert* (1931). He made an appearance in *The Jazz Singer* (1927) and *The Mating Call* (1928) as well.

Tully Marshall, Francis Ford, and Bessie Love all made appearances in *The Village Blacksmith* - I hope we get to see one of them in the fragment that remains!

Edited by: JackFavell on Apr 3, 2011 10:42 AM

Kyle, a friend of mine in L.A. has several large over-sized color printers. He has made poster-sized copies of his own color photographs from jpg files.

Have you ever ordered any enlargements of any of your posters for display on your own walls at home as movie "art"? I think there are several commercial photo printers in L.A. who offer that service now, using ink-jet printers. If I were 30 years younger I'd have some large prints made of some of these posters. :)

I think most Walmart stores offer photo posters made from jpg files. Looks like their prices start at $6.86 for an 11 x 14 inch poster, and the sizes go up to 20 x 30.

http://photos.walmart.com/walmart/loggedoutproductpage/prd=Poster/prdname=Full-Image-Poster-Print/prdtype=1400/isfrom=_xffwalmart_xffposterscreateflow