Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Kyle In Hollywood's CENSORED Poster Gallery

At first I thought poor Shirley, having to do the **** thing as part of paying dues in Hollywood, but then I realized she had nothing to be ashamed of with that great dancer's body. She was as classy then as she is now.

Thursday, April 28th

film_posterApr28

*The Wrong Man* (1956) Argentina

In Conjunction with the 2011 TCM Classic Film Festival in Hollywood, TCM salutes the musical scores of composer Bernard Herrmann.

Edited by: hlywdkjk on Apr 28, 2011 5:52 AM

Friday, April 29th

film_posterApr29

United Kingdom

In conjunction with the 2011 TCM Classic Film Festival presentation of *Royal Wedding*, TCM celebrates the nuptials of Prince William and Kate Middleton with an evening of Royal Romances.

(Sorry. Larger Image NOT Available)

Saturday, April 30th

film_posterApr30

*Tarzan's Secret Treasure* (1941) France

---------------------

Copy of AmericanInParis1951LRG_3sht

(3-Sheet Poster)

film_posterApr30b

In conjunction with the 2011 TCM Classic Film Festival series "Nice Work If You Can Get It" , TCM celebrates the film music of George and Ira Gershwin.

Edited by: hlywdkjk on Apr 30, 2011 6:45 AM

One of the many highlights of the 2011 TCM Classic Film Festival for me was the display on Club TCM of some amazing original film posters. There were about two dozen posters of various sizes on display in the room, all from the collection of graphic artist Mike Kaplan.

The most striking were the Original "French Grandes" Posters, hanging in frames with posters on both the front and back sides.

Club TCM Poster Display

Photo courtesy of TCM Film Festival Gallery

Photograph by Adam Rose

The images measured 47" x 63". That's 4ft by 5ft! Every time I passed through Club TCM I couldn't help but stop and gaze and these remarkable posters. Thanks to Mike Kaplan for lending these wonderful posters to the Classic Film Festival and Bravo to TCM for presenting them during the festival. I hope to see more someday.

Kyle In Hollywood

Edited by: hlywdkjk on May 1, 2011 8:18 PM

Not being at the festival, I am very appreciative of these up close photos of the memorabilia, Kyle. Thanks!

I also appreciate Robert Osborne's interview with the young owner of Doug and Mary's original footprints from the front of Grauman's Chinese. I only wish they had shown a bigger closeup of these retired cement slabs.