Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Kyle In Hollywood's CENSORED Poster Gallery

Postwar Joan Crawford always looks severe. The grace she exhibited in the '20s and '30s had largely abandoned her, and "Torch Song" proved returning to MGM was not the magical elixir of youth she had hoped for.

Postwar Joan Crawford always looks severe. The grace she exhibited in the '20s and '30s had largely abandoned her, and "Torch Song" proved returning to MGM was not the magical elixir of youth she had hoped for.

Friday, July 01, 2011

Happy Holiday Weekend!

Don't forget to practice bar-b-cue safety!

Copy of July4th_ElgrenPinUp

(Click Through On Above Image to Access Larger Versions)

-----------------------------------------

Singing Cowboys Every Friday Night In July

film_posterJuly01b

film_posterJuly01a

Reposts from TCM 2011 Film Festival Thread -

Copy of MyPalTrigger1946LRG

Copy of TriggerJr1950LRG

(Click Through On Reposts to Access Larger Versions)

Hmm...I received some nice second-degree burns in March, wildfires were miraculously stopped one-hundred yards from the house in April, we've had two-and-a-half inches of rain in the last eight months, fireworks (and all outdoor burning) have been banned indefinitely, and it seems as though I hear a fire truck nearly every day. But at least that lovely poster takes my mind off of fires for awhile! And Trigger and Dale are quite lovely too. :-) Thanks!

More legs! Even if they are attached to Joan Crawford...

Even up to the close of her career, Crawford had good legs. It was the rest of her that grew more severe.

*"I received some nice second-degree burns in March..."* - smileys

Ouch! I hope they healed nicely.

*"wildfires were miraculously stopped one-hundred yards from the house in April,"*

Yea! I was wondering if your area was going through that hell. Glad to know it passed you by.

*"...and it seems as though I hear a fire truck nearly every day."*

Fire Chief

Well, as long as they keep right on going...

Enjoy the pin-up!

Kyle In Hollywood

Edited by: hlywdkjk on Jul 2, 2011 5:36 AM

*I hope they healed nicely.* - hlywdkjk

Yep, my face is just as beautiful as ever. Some scars on my hand, but they blend in with all the other scars on my hands. :-)

*I was wondering if your area was going through that hell. Glad to know it passed you by.*

With 70+ mph winds, fire chief thought the whole neighborhood would burn. Only three were lost. Now I know what California goes through. :-( :-( :-(

If I find Tarzan's magic fountain, will I look anything like Lex Barker? Nice caricature of Robinson, too.

Monday, July 4th

Happy Independence Day!

July4th_LeyendeckerSEPost

Preliminary Artwork by Joseph Christian Leyendecker for Saturday Evening Post cover, 1935

July4th_LeyendeckerSEPostCover

---------------------------

film_posterJuly04

"MN" -

Not sure what the problem is keeping you out of the larger versions. Try this link -

film_posterJuly04

(Not sure if a direct link like this will work for you either.)

Anyway, the lower right corner reads -

"From A Story By Mark Hellinger"

and I guess that's a picture of Mr. Hellinger.

Kyle In Hollywood

Tuesday, July 5th

Race and Hollywood: Arab Images In Films

src="http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6026/5889922484_24c66292c2_z.jpg" width="473" height="640" alt="film_posterJuly05e">

Repost of 2007 Image, improved

-------------------------------

src="http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6053/5889355363_7599fb36c7.jpg" width="500" height="317" alt="film_posterJuly05d">

src="http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5302/5889296529_e3ceb2b20b.jpg" width="500" height="334" alt="film_posterJuly05c">

(Click Through On Above Images to Access Larger Versions)

I agree, Minya, the *Thief of Baghdad* poster is probably my favorite movie poster of all time..... so far. We had a copy of it in our house when I was a kid, along with a few other movie posters.

*The Sheik* posters are gorgeous.

I am a big fan of *J.C.* *Leyendecker*, Kyle so thanks for the 4th of July pics! I had only seen his Arrow collar and stylish twenties adverts and magazine covers before.

Edited by: JackFavell on Jul 6, 2011 9:38 PM

*"We had a copy of it in our house when I was a kid, along with a few other movie posters."* - JackFavell

That's the second time you've mentioned having film posters in your house growing up. Can I ask why you had film posters at home? I think I posted a silent film poster both times you wrote.

The first time I posted *The Thief Of Bagdad*, someone wrote that they thougth it might also be an illustration for a children's book of the story. It is possible. There was lots of cross-promotional merchandising going on in films. It didn't all start with Walt Disney.

I like *The Sheik* items too. I am trying to gather a group of posters by that Paramount artist. Henry Clive was an Art Director at Paramount and was an 1920s artist of some renown.

*"I am a big fan of J.C. Leyendecker, Kyle so thanks for the 4th of July pics!"*

You'e welcome. I'm happy to hear you like J.C. Leyendecker too. But this isn't the first time I have posted some of his artwork on a holiday. Last Thanksgiving and Christmas his S.E.Post cover work appeared in this thread.

Kyle In Hollywood