Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Kyle In Hollywood's CENSORED Poster Gallery

My dad liked classic films, and my older sister got a movie projector for her birthday one year and some silent super 8 movies. (I later inherited the projector and got some more super 8's).

My sister then started getting silent movie posters, and this was one of them... also included were Valentino's *A Sainted Devil* and a Charlie Chaplin poster for *A Dog's Life*, I think....they may have even been a set that came together.

I recognize Henry Clive's name, though whether it's because of his art direction credits or because you might have mentioned him in another post, I am not sure.

As for J.C. Leyendecker, I saw his work years ago and got a small poster book of a few of his drawings. I really love his style. I am pretty sure I noticed his name on those holiday posts, but didn't want to interrupt the flow of conversation by mentioning my interest at the time.

JackFavell -

So, who's got the movie projector now? I hope it is still floating through the family somehow, somewhere.

And I'm glad you are enjoying the "interlopers" I add to the Gallery on special occasions. I like throwing some other illustration art into the mix once in a while.

Kyle In Hollywood

The upright movie projector died long ago, as did the sleeker, flat, table top model, which replaced it and never worked as well. As for the movies, they disappeared during a move, probably around 1987... :)

*"The upright movie projector died long ago, as did the sleeker, flat, table top model, which replaced it and never worked as well. As for the movies, they disappeared during a move, probably around 1987..."* - JackFavell

I picture your youth to have been something like this -

Growing Up In Favell Household

Advertising Artwork, 1960s

Kyle In Hollywood

That's hilarious! We were less fancy, slightly more post-modern in our decor, and set up the projector (a perfect replica) on a card table in the living room.

Ha! Thanks for the laugh!...that is priceless. "Growing up in the Favell Household".. Too funny! I'm sending that one to my sister. :D

Saturday, July 9th

July09a

(Click Through On Above Image to Access Larger Versions)

------------------------------

July09b

*Fail-Safe* (1964) France

(Apologies if this image was previously posted.)

*"Awesome image of Eddie Cantor!"* - smileys

Isn't it though?

I couldn't believe I was finally going to have the chance to post this image this month. I've had this poster arounds for years and have always been amused with it. I think it is one of the very best caricature images I've ever seen.

Bet it looks even better with DSL

Kyle In Hollywood