Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Kyle In Hollywood's CENSORED Poster Gallery

*"Two lovely posters, thanks."* - smileys

Sure! Glad you like them.

But I think the *Kismet* poster is rather unexciting for such an exotic film - let alone a "technicolor glamour romance" with "La Dietrich and Coleman.

Kyle (Hope the power is on in Texas) In Hollywood

*"Margaret looks lovely, but I've never seen the movie. What's the significance of the yellow lines?"* - smileys

I don't know. I've never seen the film either. I guess we'll both have to watch to find out. But they do look ethereal, don't they?

Kyle In Hollywood

>"Margaret looks lovely, but I've never seen the movie. What's the significance of the yellow lines?" - smileys

>I don't know. I've never seen the film either. I guess we'll both have to watch to find out. But they do look ethereal, don't they?

>Kyle In Hollywood

I've seen the movie a few times and still am not sure what the yellow lines are supposed to be.

At one point she does take her car for a drive at night, so maybe those are supposed to represent the headlight beams. But there'd be no reason for it, as they're not important to the scene.

Also in the poster we see her holding a glass, probably representing the New Year's Eve party in the movie.

But still no clue about the yellow light beams or lines or whatever they're supposed to be.

Did anyone else watch the movie and figure it out?

Thursday, July 21st

Race In Hollywood: Arab Images On Film

src="http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6007/5942161228_810ef30ab9_z.jpg" width="443" height="640" alt="film_posterJuly21c">

*Son Of The Sheik* (1930s reissue) France

(Click Through on Above Image to Access Larger Versions)

-----------------------

src="http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3211/2863021088_1e38820108_o.jpg" width="493" height="755" alt="son_of_the_sheik">

src="http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3002/2862185001_c5c5bf5187_o.jpg" width="487" height="755" alt="son_of_the_sheik_ver2">

(Reposts from 2008)

Edited by: hlywdkjk on Jul 21, 2011 8:10 AM

Assuming the poster is from 1926 (and not a re-release), I believe the Aug. 20 date proves that "Son Of The Sheik" was in theaters before Valentino's death, since he died a few days later that month. (Not sure for how long it had been out, since unlike today -- where films are released simultaneously to thousands of theaters -- movies made the rounds from big downtown houses to neighborhood theaters over a few weeks or even months.)