Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Kyle In Hollywood's CENSORED Poster Gallery

I've been enjoying your movie poster displays from the beginning, but I want to say a special thanks for all the Tarzan movie posters you've been running since April. Great stuff! Thanks..

*"I want to say a special thanks for all the Tarzan movie posters you've been running since April. Great stuff! Thanks."* - bOb39

You're welcome. And that goes for all the others that check them out too. According to my 'flickr' account, the Tarzan images are among the most popular of my recent postings.

Kyle In Hollywood

Edited by: hlywdkjk on Jul 24, 2011 7:26 PM

> {quote:title=hlywdkjk wrote:}{quote}*"Those Swedes always seem to come up with good posters."* - smileys

>

>

>

> I do use some selective editing but, in general, you're right.

>

>

>

> Kyle In Hollywood

Joan Blondell is still cute, even with only one eye!

Wow, that's some kinky stuff, and Cheetah looks mighty angry. :-)

Barrymore, just Barrymore. :-) I can't read the gold ribbon in the corner, just "25000000" and "Move Gaze"or "Movie Gate". Any idea what it is?

*"Barrymore, just Barrymore."* - smileys

Yeah. I hope it is Ethel.

*"I can't read the gold ribbon in the corner, just "25000000" and "Move Gaze"or "Movie Gate". Any idea what it is?"*

I am guessing that during part of 1938, MGM was running a contest of some sort. The "Ribbon" sympbol appears on a few MGM posters from that year. I've seen it more than once on MGM posters like below on a poster for *Room Service* with the Marx Bros.

MovieQuiz

The text in the ribbon reads

"This Is One Of The Movie Quiz $250,000.00 Contest Pictures"

You can click through on the cropped image if you want to see it up close yourself.

Kyle In Hollywood

<<<<Uh-huh. Just be sure to accept no substitutes>>>

Re: Gene Wilder in THE WORLD'S GREATEST LOVER, lol, you got that right, Kyle!

Thanks to you and Jeff for all the wonderful Valentino posters!

>

Edited by: Bronxgirl48 on Jul 30, 2011 8:29 PM

> Proof that there can NEVER be too much Valentino. :)

Big surprise from me, Minya, lol -- I agree.

*"Re: Gene Wilder in THE WORLD'S GREATEST LOVER, lol, you got that right, Kyle! Thanks to you and Jeff for all the wonderful Valentino posters!"* - Bronxgirl48

I'm glad someone liked my "Valentino" / Gene Wilder joke. But I also think *The World's Greatest Lover* is a very funny movie. Best film with Wilder after *Young Frankenstein*. ("I'm looking for a Baloney." "I'm Abaloni" "You're A Baloney?")

Thanks for stopping by. You're getting caught up "just in time."

Kyle In Hollywood

All your posters are fantastic, but my Rudy obsession is growing, lol, so....I did indeed come around here just in time!

You know I've never actually seen THE WORLD'S GREATEST LOVER, but now I want to, for obvious reasons. I hope they treat Valentino with respect, and only mock the frenzied star system, not him personally.

*"Not just MGM and RKO, but a bunch of 1938 movies..."* - smileys

Gad. My brain is on the fritz. Don't know how I could write "MGM" and then post that cropped image from an RKO film and not notice that it was more than MGM involved in the contest!

*"Interesting stuff. Thanks."*

And thanks to you for the link. I never thought searching the "Movie Quiz" online would result in anything useful. Very interesting indeed. I think there could be a TCM documentary somewhere in that article. At least I'd find it interesting.

Kyle In Hollywood