Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Kyle In Hollywood's CENSORED Poster Gallery

*"You know I've never actually seen THE WORLD'S GREATEST LOVER, but now I want to, for obvious reasons. I hope they treat Valentino with respect, and only mock the frenzied star system, not him personally."* - Bronxgirl48

In the film, Carole Kane leaves her husband Rudy and runs away to Hollywood to be with the man she really "loves" - Rudolph Valentino. Rudy follows her and ends up at the film studio (Dom DeLuise as Studio Chief) where she has been hired to be an extra. The studio is having a talent search contest to find "The World's Greatest Lover" and will give the winner a contract. Somehow, Rudy gets entered in to the contest. As they say, Hilarity ensues.

I haven't seen the film in a long time. I don't remember Valentino being maligned in any way. Of course, that was all before I had ever seen a Valentino movie or really knew anything about him. I think he could actually be described as "the hero that saves the day".

I hope one day TCM will get their hands on it from Fox. I remember it being so much better than *Sherlock Holmes' Smarter Brother* which TCM showed recently (and didn't watch.)

Kyle In Hollywood

*"Honestly, are you making these? They are great!"* - JackFavell

*"These are great, Kyle!!"* - Minya

Thanks ladies!

Yes, I have been stricken with my personal form of OCD - Obsessive Creative Disorder - and made the special promo "posters" for the Gallery SUTS project. I have one more to post. Then the really "good stuff" begins.

I am so glad you let me know you like them.

Kyle In Hollywood

I'm sure in 1926, some Philadelphians probably got a chuckle from the title of one of those Tom Mix oaters. In Philly parlance, "K&A" refers to the intersection of Kensington and Allegany (or was it "Allegheny"? I haven't been there for a long time), two well-known streets in the Kensington neighborhood of town. That intersection is also a stop on the Market-Frankford elevated line.

Of course, it might have been the other way around, and the term "K&A" originated through the Mix movie. I dunno.

*"These are really gorgeous, Kyle - I love the shadows that make the faces look like they were carved out of rock."* - JackFavell

Very "statue-esque". There's no doubt that these men were heroes and these posters contribute to that idea.

Kyle In Hollywood

*"Of course, it might have been the other way around, and the term "K&A" originated through the Mix movie. I dunno."* - VP19

I didn't know about the "K & A" and Philadelphia connection. Thanks.

As there seems to have never been a "K & A Railway" (I googled.), maybe the writer was from Philadelphia and chose that name as an "inside joke".

Kyle In Hollywood

*"Nice artwork, sir,"* - smileys

Thank you, pal.

*"...and incredibly beautiful posters, too. Almost makes me want to actually watch a western."* - smileys

Whoa! The heat must be getting to you.

You should be watching *The Rainmaker* once a day "for the duration."

I hope my Gallery selections for the month continue to please and impress.

Kyle In Hollywood

There are lots

Wowsa.. I just came across these (have not taken the chance to pop in here for a few days.. and now I am on the edge of my seat! What a gorgeous start you are off to, sir. Many thanks.

And PS.. ha.. I Iove some of the titles on some of these early ones.. "Boots... of.... Destiny!!!!!!!!!!!!" :D (I have never seen the movie.. but already I just love saying the title out loud.. really loud.. ha.) Ok.. yes.. I admit it, sometimes I am TOO easily entertained. :D