Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Kyle In Hollywood's CENSORED Poster Gallery

*"Those disembodied horses' hooves are really creepy."* - lzcutter

I read that the highlight of the film is a massive stampede and that the circle of hooves is a reference to that. But I think it is creepy too.

Kyle In Hollywood

"Durand Of The Badlands," released Nov. 1, 1925, included a small role for a teenage starlet on the Fox roster named Carole Lombard. Unfortunately, like all the films she made before an automobile accident in early 1926 that sidelined her for more than a year, it is believed lost.

"Durand Of The Badlands," released Nov. 1, 1925, included a small role for a teenage starlet on the Fox roster named Carole Lombard. Unfortunately, like all the films she made before an automobile accident in early 1926 that sidelined her for more than a year, it is believed lost.

*"No seatbelt laws in Tom Mix's world."* - smileys

Or helmet laws. <wink>

But there was water in the creeks. How's that going for you this week? It sounds brutal where you are.

*"I can't believe you've collected a whole month's worth of these great posters. Thanks."*

What can I say? I have no life right now.

Beginning this week, the weekday postings will drop to "two-a-day" instead of three. But there will still be three daily postings on the weekends 'til the end of August.

You might like to know that a month ago something completely different was planned for this special August gallery. Originally August was going to be celebrated with -

"SUTS? It's too hot for SUTS! It's SHORTS weather." - a celebration of serials and short subjects.

(Of course, "SUTS" is to be pronounced "Suits".)

But someone we know and love worked her wiles on me. Don't know when I'll get around to posting that "serial" series now.

Kyle In Hollywood

Edited by: hlywdkjk on Aug 7, 2011 7:09 PM

VP19 -

Thanks for that info about Lombard. I didn't know that all her film appearances prior to 1926 were lost films. How sad.

CineramaRick -

Glad the gallery is still impressing you. I hope that reaction lasts all month.

Kyle In Hollywood

*But there was water in the creeks. How's that going for you this week? It sounds brutal where you are.* - hlywdkjk

Hey, we're in for a cool spell later in the week. The high's only supposed to be 103 instead of 110. I think I'll break out the long sleeves for that. And I may take a hammer to the rain gauge while I'm at it. It's constantly mocking me.

> {quote:title=hlywdkjk wrote:...A}{quote} month ago something completely different was planned for this special August gallery. Originally August was going to be celebrated with ... a celebration of serials and short subjects.

> Kyle In Hollywood

I'd love to see posters for shorts, especially comedy shorts...when you can get to them.

*"Hey, we're in for a cool spell later in the week. The high's only supposed to be 103 instead of 110."* - smileys

As long as they can keep the power on...

I hope the faithful assembled in Houston this past weekend prayed for some rain along with all those other "crises" that have them concerned. But I didn't see rain on their agenda.

Kyle In Hollywood

These just get better and better! Love the Harry Carey, and the Buck Jones. The colors and the style, so detailed in this set of posters, really evokes a feeling of being outdoors. The sense of movement in this particular series is incredible.

*"I'd love to see posters for shorts, especially comedy shorts...when you can get to them."* - MN

I'll keep it mind for the future. They are already gathered together in one folder so alot of the hard work is done.

Kyle In Hollywood

*"I love the Duke and Tony posters together!"* - JackFavell

Good. I added them to the series last week just for you. And both those posters can be viewed in much larger versions by "clicking through" on the image.

*"It's funny, Tom looks more like John Wayne than John Wayne does in his poster."*

You probably know better than I but to me "early Wayne" always looks extraordinarily young. And in the poster for *The Man From Monterey* he looks like he is still in college playing football.

Kyle In Hollywood

*"The horse art work in these posters is awesome!"* - joefilmone

Isn't it though? I have to imagine that drawing realistic horses is a special talent. And these renderings are amazing.

Kyle In Hollywood