Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Kyle In Hollywood's CENSORED Poster Gallery

Drooling over the color schemes in these two posters, Kyle.... not to mention such a gorgeous image of George O'Brien... :x :x :x

It's so dramatic, I need to know what happened... did she shoot him, or is she going to shoot the men that did that to him?

*"Drooling over the color schemes in these two posters, Kyle..."* - JackFavell

Ya never see purple put to good use anymore - except at a Prince concert.

*"such a gorgeous image of George O'Brien..."*

I added that one last week too when I heard all the squeals for O'Brien during the first week of postings.

But I tell ya. I'm having a hard time keeping up with you gals. I mean, where did this George O'Brien crush come from? Last I heard it was all about this guy -

Copy of MovingPictureWorld1921Jan29_01

1921 Motion Picture World Magazine Advertisement

But that _was_ a few years ago and it may have been only MissGoddess who was "all about the Santschi."

Kyle In Hollywood

OH my golly.. our beloved Tom.. THANK you, dear Mr. In Hollywood...

MissGoddess who was "all about the Santschi."

She was certainly the one who started the "wave" ha.. (OH that Bull.. and those 3 Bad Men) :-)

And there is more Harry Carey to come

May I just add.. yeehaw!

Be still my heart! I really didn't expect any Tom Santschi posters! Tom is sort of a forgotten hero, no one really knows him nowadays...kind of like the cowboys he portrays. But he's THE man, in my book.

I love that iconic picture. He's so strong, he only needs black and white to get across his rugged nature.... swoon.... :x

Thanks, Kyle.

h5. whew.

Well, whip me with a wet lassoo this is my first chance to tell you how beautiful these posters are of old-time western stars...flawless! I agree with those who praised especially the beauty of the horses...in fact, the portraits of the stars without a horse in sight are less dynamic. A cowboy just looks "empty" without one, ha. My favorites of course are Harry and Tom.

Jackie---you're right, Tom Mix looks more like Wayne than Wayne does.

Thank you, Kyle. :)

*"I wonder if Cecelia Parker and June Gale were insulted by those posters. The horses look like the romantic leads."* - smileys

Nothing comes between a cowboy and his horse. And I can't say I blame them. Give a horse a sugar cube and it'll love ya forever. Just try that with a woman.

*"Thank You, Thank You, Thank You. These posters are just magnificent. The artwork is awesome."* - fredbaetz

You're most welcome. I am glad you are as taken with these as I am. Keep checking in 'til the end of the month. Youll see many more examples of "awesome artwork".

*"Well, whip me with a wet lassoo this is my first chance to tell you how beautiful these posters are of old-time western stars...flawless!"* - MissGoddess

Well, look-ee here. I'm so glad you have dropped in and very pleased you like this month's special Gallery offerings. I kinda thought you would. Thanks for letting me know.

Kyle In Hollywood

Chief,

Harry Carey, George O'Brien, John Wayne and now Rex Bell. You know me too well!

Rex's oldest son, Tony better known as Rex, Jr died a few weeks ago. He was a friend of mine and seeing the poster of his father reminded me how much Rex, Jr worked to preserve his parents (his mom was Clara Bow) legacy.

Thanks again!

*"...Rex, Jr worked to preserve his parents (his mom was Clara Bow) legacy."* - lzcutter

THAT'S why the name "Rex Bell" was familiar to me before this project started! I came across it in relation to Clara Bow during research for the "Moguls & Movie Stars" gallery last fall.

Sorry to hear of "Jr's" recent passing.

Kyle In Hollywood