Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Kyle In Hollywood's CENSORED Poster Gallery

hlywdkjk

Chief,

*The Innocents* poster is really creepy but what's with the disembodied arm at the top of the smoke from the candles?

The Tarzan poster sure makes Gordon Scott look hunky but I think I like the plane most of all. :)

*"I see a smile in smiley's future with the Red Shoes poster."* - lzcutter

He could. But I think he is more likely to be smiling tonight because, for the second time this month, Margaret O'Brien has broken "TCM curfew" and is showing up after dark. That doesn't happen too often.

Kyle In Hollywood

> {quote:title=hlywdkjk wrote:}{quote}Wednesday, September 14th

>

>

>

> 6145644669_3b091c358d.jpg

> Studio-created Artwork for *The Story Of Temple Drake *- Use Unknown

This image was used for this lobby card:

(Used with this article):

http://www.thelmagazine.com/TheMeasure/archives/2011/02/18/the-story-of-temple-drake-a-faulkner-adaptation-supressed-by-the-production-code-screens-this-weekend

*"This image was used for this lobby card:"* - MN

Thanks for the link.

I have seen that Lobby Card and knew that the artist of the painting was working from a photograph. What is unknown is whether the painting artwork was ever used in some sort of studio materials for the film.

Here's another painting/artwork by the same artist unattributed to a particular film - though it sure looks like Kay Francis to me.

PosterArt_Unknown

Any guesses on what film it migfht be for?

Kyle In Hollywood

> {quote:title=hlywdkjk wrote:}{quote}

> Here's another painting/artwork by the same artist unattributed to a particular film - though it sure looks like Kay Francis to me.

>

>

>

> 6170473161_b3f17c8757_o.jpg

>

> Any guesses on what film it might be for?

>

> Kyle In Hollywood

>

I believe that's Clive Brook and Kay Francis in artwork promoting the 1931 Paramount feature 24 HOURS. I have some stills from it that are very similar.

*"I believe that's Clive Brook and Kay Francis in artwork promoting the 1931 Paramount feature 24 HOURS. I have some stills from it that are very similar."* - MN

I thought you'd likely know what was up with that piece. Thanks for the info.

Kyle In Hollywood

*"Nope. I also hate Last Picture Show , and that's as local as it gets."* - smileys

My, my, my....

And if I said "The stars at night are big and bright", you'd just sit on your hands? Hmmm.

I don't remember if you have ever said if your were raised in Texas. If you were, I am dying to know about "The Pledge to the State Of Texas" that school children recite along with the "Pledge Of Allegiance". I only recently heard about this.

Kyle In Hollywood

*If you were, I am dying to know about "The Pledge to the State Of Texas"...* - hlywdkjk

Born in Texas, Air Force brat, came back when I was nine. I'd never heard of that pledge until it was recited at a neice's school function back in the 90's. Evidently it's old, but unused until recently. I felt like a foreigner. What else would you expect from Dick Perry land? :-) As for the song you mentioned, that other school's band played it quite frequently, so yes, I sat on my hands, or more often just threw frisbees at their cheerleaders. :-)

*"I'd never heard of that pledge until it was recited at a neice's school function back in the 90's. Evidently it's old, but unused until recently. I felt like a foreigner. What else would you expect from Dick Perry land?"* - smileys

You have my sympathies.

Given the multi-flag history of the state, acknowledging the "final" one kinda does make sense in a way. And I think your Governor should stay home taking care of really important stuff - like the state's football conferences' problems. Or is all that talk of "tradition" in Texas just lipservice?

Oh...

(clap, clap, clap, clap!)

Had to do it. It's absence was driving me crazy - like saying "Knock Knock." and getting no reply.

Kyle In Hollywood

Archived