Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Kyle In Hollywood's CENSORED Poster Gallery

hlywdkjk

Chief,

Interesting *Tarzan* poster! Cheetah appears to be beating something to death and Boy appears to be scared of Tarzan's massive chest.

Tarzan appears to be saying, "I'm Spartacus!!!" :)

*"Love the "Ben Hur" poster. My eyes are drawn to the empty bottom, where I would expect to find the cast or theater name or something."* - smileys

The absence of those credit "details" is why I am particularly fond of this poster. It lets the artwork get all the attention.

One of these days I am going to gather up all the posters for other films which are strikingly similar to this one. Each one uses big, "stone-like" lettering for the titles. I think there are at least half a dozen of them.

Kyle In Hollywood

Edited by: hlywdkjk on Sep 24, 2011 2:35 PM

> {quote:title=hlywdkjk wrote:}{quote}The absence of those credit "details" is why I am particularly fond of this poster. It lets the artwork get all the attention.

>

> One of these days I am going to gather up all the posters for other films which are strikingly similar to this one. Each one uses big, "stone-like" lettering for the titles. I think there are at least half a dozen of them.

>

> Kyle In Hollywood

>

And have you ever noticed how much 1950's posters & lobby cards loved to use the color yellow!?

*"And have you ever noticed how much 1950's posters & lobby cards loved to use the color yellow!?"* - MN

Honestly, I haven't. But that is likely because I tend to not be too interested in posters from that era. Very seldom is any "original artwork" truly striking in the way it was in the decades prior to the Fifties. Of course, that feeling only applies to U.S. posters. The Europeans were still in the haydays of creating great poster art.

Kyle In Hollywood

Archived