Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Kyle In Hollywood's CENSORED Poster Gallery

And a repost of an earlier post for those of you wondering what happened today...

Friday, November 7^th^

Due in large part to the fact that my original hard drive is still unaccessible but also because I will soon be away from this computer for awhile, the "One-A-Day" Poster Gallery is going on indefinite hiatus.

It has been great fun posting these images during the past year. The response they have generated has pleased me to no end. I've enjoyed the comments, the compliments and the coincidental discussions and believe them to be just as important to the success of this thread as the images themselves. So "thanks" goes out to all the visitors here - even to those who looked in silently.

But especially to -

bOb39

mr6666

Gregory1965

marcco44

scsu1975

KennS

Shonna

visualfeast

molo14

metsfan

whistlinggypsy

movieman1957

CineMaven

FilmFatale

joefilmone

OldPackard

sugarpuss

Snorky

ADDIE

CSO

spazhoward

patful & ydobon

MissGoddess

ButterScotchGreer

FrankGrimes

Minya

It seemed everyone found many different images to enjoy in this thread. But some more than others. So, in one last blast, (25 "new" images posted today below this message) here's to the fans of Fritz and Ford, the Coops and the comedies, the pre-codes and the pirates, the vamps and the "vampires", the artistic and the outrageous, the deco and the decadent, the historical, the hysterical and the Hitchcocks.

Enjoy.

Kyle In Hollywood

Message was edited by: hlywdkjk

Kyle! I hate to hear you're leaving the board for a while....I hope it's for a happy reason.

Thank you so much for all those wonderful posters, many of my favorites among them,

and I sincerely look forward to when you can return (hopefully sooner than later?).

xxoo

Miss G

P.S. I just want to add that I honestly wasn't all that into movie posters...until this thread. I

never appreciated the talent and creativity that went into many of them, nor how witty and

amusing some are. Many thanks for giving me another facet of old Hollywood to wonder over.

*Due in large part to the fact that my original hard drive is still unaccessible but also because I will soon be away from this computer for awhile, the "One-A-Day" Poster Gallery is going on indefinite hiatus.*

Kyle!

We will all miss you terribly! I hope all is well with you and that you'll be able to return soon. :)

MissGoddess -

I am only going to be away from here for about a week - so I am not leaving for long. It just seemed - given the circumstances - the most appropriate time to put this thread aside for awhile.

I spoke to an IT guy from my workplace yesterday and he said there is way to make the old harddrive accessible - but it is a more complicated procedure than I want to undertake right now. Plus I get nervous when opening up a computer and playing around with the innards.

Just didn't want you to think I was going on indefinite hiatus - only the daily postings to this thread.

And I am happy to know you found yourself appreciating these images.

Kyle In Hollywood

*"I hope all is well with you and that you'll be able to return soon."* - Mlle. Minya

I am fine. I am only going out of town for awhile. No reason to be concerned for me. I'll be back around next week but I don't know when the "One-A-Day" postings will return. So I hope you've been able to save enough images to decorate your bedroom, bathroom and fire-pit.

Kyle In Hollywood

*I am fine. I am only going out of town for awhile.*

Ah! Good to know!

*No reason to be concerned for me.*

The curse of an overactive imagination. I can misread a situation in seconds! :)

*So I hope you've been able to save enough images to decorate your bedroom, bathroom and fire-pit.*

Are you kidding? I thought I had been spoiled before! My work hard drive is filled with images from this thread. The powers that be are probably wondering why the ink on the color copier is disappearing so quickly. :)

I want to congratulate you for coming up with this excellent idea. You've singlehandedly shown the progression of cinema through the graphics designed to promote it...to a lot of people who might never have had the imagination to seek it out for themselves.

Being a designer, I am familiar with many of the images you've shown, but for even a design seeker like me, you featured many that I've never seen before. For that I thank you.

I'm so very sorry to hear you are placing this fantastic thread on hiatus, Kyle. I truly hope it is a temporary one.

Even though I may not comment all the time, I do check this thread each day. I enjoy "unwrapping" the daily gifts. It's great fun.

The posters you chose to leave us with are phenomenal! Grace Kelly & Gloria Grahame! Thank you!

My very favorite is the one for The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari. That one is awesome. I also love the ones for Rear Window, Strangers on a Train, and Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. And the I Confess poster is really racy, misleadingly and wonderfully so.

Thanks for taking time to share your collection with us, Kyle. Here's to a return engagement. And may you have a safe trip and an enjoyable time away.

My very favorite is the one for The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari. That one is awesome. I also love the ones for Rear Window, Strangers on a Train, and Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. And the I Confess poster is really racy, misleadingly and wonderfully so.

I wouldn't have thought you were a fan of *The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari* - but it is a great movie. B-)

*"I'm so very sorry to hear you are placing this fantastic thread on hiatus, Kyle. I truly hope it is a temporary one."* - FrankGrimes

So, you want me to pull a Brett Farve and come out of retirement in a few weeks, huh? Or should I say Michael Jordan? Or Barbra Streisand? Or The Eagles? I really hate such displays of ego.

Anyway, we'll see...

*"Grace Kelly & Gloria Grahame! Thank you!"*

You're welcome. But you are so easy to please. It was difficult to choose between Grahame in *The Big Heat* and Grahame in *In A Lonely Place*. I am glad you looked over all of them. And that you overlooked the Cooper images. But I had to give the 'gals' their due too. (And I was hoping you would _only_ see Madeleine Carroll in the one.)

*"And the "I Confess" poster is really racy, misleadingly and wonderfully so."*

Ain't it though! The poster makes it look like a Douglas Sirk film!

Kyle In Hollywood

So, you want me to pull a Brett Farve and come out of retirement in a few weeks, huh? Or should I say Michael Jordan? Or Barbra Streisand? Or The Eagles? I really hate such displays of ego. Anyway, we'll see...

Yes! I'm selfish. I don't want the show to end. It's too early in the day.

But you are so easy to please.

My tail is wagging. Ruff, ruff!

It was difficult to choose between Grahame in The Big Heat and Grahame in In A Lonely Place.

You couldn't go wrong with me since both are great favorites of mine. They are Gloria's two best films, in my opinion. I also like her in Fritz Lang's Human Desire.

I am glad you looked over all of them.

I always do. I enjoy the art and I really like seeing how a film was sold to the public. There have been a few films I never heard of until I saw the poster here. One from the recent batch is Legong.

And that you overlooked the Cooper images. But I had to give the 'gals' their due too. (And I was hoping you would only see Madeleine Carroll in the one.)

I thought this wasn't the time to raise a ruckus. I'll save my hateful objections for when you return, MJ. And it's unfair of you to show Maddy Carroll's beauty with Coop's beastly image.

"And the "I Confess" poster is really racy, misleadingly and wonderfully so."

Ain't it though! The poster makes it look like a Douglas Sirk film!

I Confess is far from sizzling, but that poster sizzles.