Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Kyle In Hollywood's CENSORED Poster Gallery

I thought the Exodus poster was for Lawrence Of Arabia before I scrolled own! :)

I love both of these, and incidentally I am listening to the Campbell Playhouse version of A Christmas Carol. It's a little odd to hear Orson Welles talking about Christmas. :)

*"I thought the Exodus poster was for Lawrence Of Arabia before I scrolled own!"* - Mlle. Minya

I know. I did too when I first saw it. I thought the image was a cynical "rip-off" until I saw parts of *Exodus* a few weeks ago and saw that Newman _does_ run around in some "Lawrence" gear in the movie.

Now I want to know why Newman's eyes in the poster aren't "blue".

*I am listening to the Campbell Playhouse version of A Christmas Carol. It's a little odd to hear Orson Welles talking about Christmas.*

Which is also, for those that don't know, the "Lionel Barrymore" version. After hearing the radio show myself, I am perfectly happy that Reginald Owen got the part in the film.

Kyle In Hollywood

*"...I would like to request a guardian angel that looks like Cary Grant."* - Mlle. Minya

And I'd like to know what the literal translation of the French title for the *The Bishop's Wife* might be. Any ideas?

Kyle In Hollywood

ps - I think the style of the poster was dictated more by it being a "Lubitsch" picture and reinforcing the comedic aspects of the film. "Period piece" at the time usually meant "period drama", didn't it?

kjk

> {quote:title=patful wrote:}{quote}

> "Shame be to him who thinks evil of it."

>

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honi_soit_qui_mal_y_pense

>

> Of course, we can't always trust Wiki...

Perhaps you can trust Merriam-Webster? ;)

*: shamed be he who thinks evil of it ?motto of the Order of the Garter*

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/honi%20soit%20qui%20mal%20y%20pense

*"Shame be to him who thinks evil of it."*

Well, that must be an idiom of sorts - cause I can't make heads nor tails of that phrase having any real relation to the plot of *The Bishop's Wife*.

*"I would like to request a guardian angel that looks like Cary Grant."* - Mlle. Minya

With or without the harp?

Guardian Angel

Kyle In Hollywood

> {quote:title=Minya wrote:}{quote}

> *"Shame be to him who thinks evil of it."*

>

> I'd love to know what the "it" is and why it would be shameful to think evil of it.

>

I think it's obvious. When Cary Grant's character starts spending so much time with the Loretta Young character, well, if he wasn't an angel, you might think he has some very earthly pleasures in mind for spending time with her. But he's an angel, so you'd be shamed to think evil of it (his spending so much time with her).