Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Kyle In Hollywood's CENSORED Poster Gallery

*"It reminds me of the poster for All About Eve. Is it the same artist?"* - Mlle. Minya

Bon Soir, mon cherie.

I don't know the answer with any certainty BUT...

Both *All About Eve* and *No Way Out* were directed by Joseph Mankiewicz and both are from Fox Studios. Seems logical that the two posters were the product of the same person given their visual similarities.

(BTW - When are you going to France, Mlle?)

Kyle In Hollywood

Bon Soir, Monsieur! ;)

*I don't know the answer with any certainty BUT...*

*Both All About Eve and No Way Out were directed by Joseph Mankiewicz and both are from Fox Studios. Seems logical that the two posters were the product of the same person given their visual similarities.*

I think you've come up with a very logical answer. I'm going with it.

Our first official day is April 26th, so I think we'll probably think about leaving Seattle on the 24th just to allow plenty of time. I figure that worst case scenario is that we spend an extra day in the city-oh, the horror!! :)

Right now I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a decent airfare on a direct flight. Air France flies out of Seattle, so that's the one I'm paying most attention to. I've never gone on an international flight before, and I keep hearing different opinions on when to book, and what airline etc. Sigh. No matter, it will all be worth it in the end.

*Un **** sur chaque joue*

(I can't totally vouch for this translation :) )

Going on an international flight is fun, Minya, but you should probably read up on jet lag, if you haven't already, since it's what most people tend to have a problem with when in trans-atlantic flights.

The whether should be fairly good at that time of year, and you would probably be avoiding the worst of the European summer, which can get very hot in places.

Bon voyage!

Inauguration Day, 2009

A very nice choice for a poster, Kyle, but hopefully it won't lead to anyone thinking that TCM might be showing the movie today. Don't get me wrong - I'd love to watch it, if only it were showing on any channel I know of, or available on DVD.

But let's hope it's a great day for America today. B-)

> {quote:title=CineMaven wrote:}{quote}

> This time, today...it was no accident. The majority of Americans made the choice.

>

> A new beginning.

Totally agree with you there, CM. Let's hope it is the beginning of something better for us and for our children.

Kyle-

I LOVE this poster, and now I have to track down the film.

James Earl Jones is the perfect badass to help commemorate the day (well, let's hope everyone is a good deal more welcoming than everyone on this poster :)).

It's a beautiful day.

*"...let's hope everyone is a good deal more welcoming than everyone on this poster."* - Minya

I know. I can't imagine a Secretary Of State saying "I should be PRESIDENT - not that S.O.B." Nooo. I can't imagine.

kjk

"...let's hope everyone is a good deal more welcoming than everyone on this poster." - Minya

"I know. I can't imagine a Secretary Of State saying 'I should be PRESIDENT - not that S.O.B.' Nooo. I can't imagine." - kjk

Nooooo. I can't imagine Hillary saying...well, then again...

> {quote:title=Minya wrote:}{quote}

> I LOVE this poster, and now I have to track down the film.

Good luck there, Minya, the movie is not available on DVD nor has it ever been released on any home video format, as far as I know. However I suppose it is possible that some collectors might have a recording.

theman1972.jpg

>>Judging by the title and the image, I'd say the film is about the first female to get breast implants.

"Thou shalt not get implants?"

Somehow I must have missed that one. :)

It's actually not a bad little B film at all. Like THE POWER AND THE GLORY or CITIZEN KANE, it's done in flashback style, with some excellent camera work that belies the small Majestic budget.

No, it never gets even close to Russ Meyer territory. Closer to Oscar Meyer in that it could be considered a lot of bologna about a girl imprisoned for a crime that she didn't commit who prefers to remain silent in order to protect others.

Not much different from the kinds of things that Kay Francis or Barbara Stanwyck were doing around the same period, but on bigger budgets. Leading lady Zita Johann was hardly built like the woman on the poster, although what she didn't have, she didn't need. Here she is a year earlier on the set of THE MUMMY:

Zita1.jpg

Message was edited by: clore

Message was edited by: clore

> {quote:title=clore wrote:}{quote}

> No, it never gets even close to Russ Meyer territory. Closer to Oscar Meyer in that it could be considered a lot of bologna about a girl imprisoned for a crime that she didn't commit who prefers to remain silent in order to protect others.

Bologna, huh? Great, you realize you've just made me want to run to the kitchen and make myself a sandwich? :P

Seriously, tho, I like catching up with the B's when I get a chance. Monogram B's are a rather unique pleasure, I think. Thank you for the clarification