Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Kyle In Hollywood's CENSORED Poster Gallery

Hi Kyle-

Not only do I love both posters, but Mr. Hulot's Holiday (which I first saw in my high school French class) is particularly enjoyable as I have just booked my flight to Paris! $633.00 round trip! Yay! I may cry.

And I'm definitely not going to get much done today. :)

Hey there, Kylefornia! -- I just wanted to thank you again for your creativity

this month. I have really enjoyed seeing your mixing and matching of silents and

talkies. What a terrific theme. I think it has been your best to date. Very nicely done.

Good Girls Go To Paris

That's about to be shot all to... hellooooooo there, Minya! Bonjour! Congratulations! I'm sure

you will have a wonderful time. I just feel so very sorry for the Parisians. And heaven help

whoever is going with you.

And I see Mlle. Minya is unaware of her plunginess... again.

*"I have really enjoyed seeing your mixing and matching of silents and talkies. What a terrific theme. I think it has been your best to date. Very nicely done."* - FrankGrimes

Thanks. It's always nice to hear some good words and I appreciate your comments as well as those of all the others that have praised any of the images this month.

The idea wasn't so much as to match "Talkies" with "Silents" as it was to showcase some images for films made before the creation of the Academy Awards. Finding some relationship between an Oscar film and an earlier film wasn't always easy. And some of the relationships are tenuous, at best. But it seemed fun - and it helped get some posters for films that will probably never be seen on TCM into this thread.

I have thoughts and ideas for future "series". Some long ("They Had Faces Then" / "The Italians") and some short ("Leg Art"). I'll just have to get out of this rut of posting something from the day's TCM schedule. It's just so much easier to do it that way.

Now, excuse me as I get out of the way so Mlle. Minya can have at you for your other comments.

Kyle In Hollywood

*Now, excuse me as I get out of the way so Mlle. Minya can have at you for your other comments.*

Thank you, Kyle.

Now Mr.Grimes, I could say all kinds of things, like *How dare you!!* and *You're dead to me* and *You'll get yours!!*, but I won't. I'm much too well bred to lower myself to that kind of exchange. I will say this however-you'll be laughing out the other side of your face when I come back from Paris having conquered the City of Lights in the most unbelievable way.

For some reason when I saw the title The Harder They Fall (before I clicked and saw the images) I thought of that Jimmy Cliff movie, and then I remembered two things-the title of that movie is The Harder They Come and while it is considered a classic to some, it is probably unlikely that you would be posting an image from a seventies reggae movie. :)

Anyway, this has been another great week poster wise, and I really loved yesterday's Way Down East.

Kyle-

So of course I love this poster, but I keep falling behind in telling you how great all of the 31 Days of Oscar posters have been! There have been some real gems!! Thanks!! :)

*"So of course I love this poster,"* - Minya

No surprise there. I think I've come to know you by now.

*"I keep falling behind in telling you how great all of the 31 Days of Oscar posters have been! There have been some real gems!! Thanks!!"*

Well, thank you too. I am happy to know you found some things to enjoy over the last month.

Kyle In Hollywood

Kyle, you gave me quite a scare earlier today. The poster for *Juke Girl* looks awesome, but it might be a day early. ;)

In any event, hope you'll have more posters for the Ronald Reagan movies, especially the Secret Service ones. I don't know if anyone else appreciates the irony of an actor who played a Secret Service agent actually getting SS protection to the day he died.