Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Kyle In Hollywood's CENSORED Poster Gallery

Monday, April 13^th^

TCM's 15^th^ Anniversary "Fan Programmer Week" Special Event

film_posterApr13aaa

*The Letter* (1940) France

The film selection of Fan Programmer Theresa Brown

Message was edited by: hlywdkjk because the image looked washed out against the yellow background of the Message Boards

Hi Kyle-

I thought your segment was today as well-or are you just being modest? :)

My favorite of this bunch is the poster for *Grand Illusion*, but the poster for *Those Lips Those Eyes* is cracking me up. When I first saw the picture, I thought it was Bert Convy and not Frank Langella. I've never seen this movie (in truth, I had never heard of it until recently) but it does have Mr. Langella in it-I had such a crush on him when I saw him in *Dracula*-a dreadful adaptation, but I totally would have given up sunlight for him.

*"I thought your segment was today as well-or are you just being modest?"* - Mlle. Minya

Modest I may be - but not today. "CineMaven" and "filmlover" are the Board Members on TCM tonight. My segment airs later in the week. (OK. It's on Thursday.)

Kyle In Hollywood

Beautiful posters today, Kyle. A very special edition of the Once-in-a-While Poster Gallery - 3, count em, 3 posters!

A wonderful tribute to tonight's programmers. I will be looking forward to all the fan programming this week. Have fun on Thursday!

(I like "The Letter" poster - such nice vivid color).

The one I like best of this bunch is the one for *Those Lips, Those Eyes*, because I find it genuinely charming and because it gives me a much better idea of what to expect from this movie, which I've never seen but I am very much looking forward to, especially with filmlover presenting it! ;)

> {quote:title=hlywdkjk wrote:}{quote}

> *"I thought your segment was today as well-or are you just being modest?"* - Mlle. Minya

>

> Modest I may be - but not today. "CineMaven" and "filmlover" are the Board Members on TCM tonight. My segment airs later in the week. (OK. It's on Thursday.)

>

> Kyle In Hollywood

And Kyle's selection is none other than MEET JOHN DOE starring the best

actor ever, GARY COOPER. :D:D:D

I just thought that needed pointing out. :P

Tuesday, April 14^th

TCM's 15^th^ Anniversary "Fan Programmer Week" Special Event

*The Premiere Film Shown On TCM April 14^th^, 1994*

film_posterApr14ac

This style one sheet was one of several styles designed by artist Armando Seguso and released for the opening or premiere engagements of the film in selected theaters around the country in 1939.

film_posterApr14aa

film_posterApr14ab

*Gone With The Wind* (1939) Spain

The film selection of Fan Programmer April Lane

Kyle, thank you for the beautiful Armando Seguso posters of GWTW...I had

only seen the top one before (a copy of which I used to have hanging in my flat when

I lived in Los Angeles!).

:x :x

Hello MissG -

Glad you like it.

Only the first one is an Armando Seguso poster. The Spanish posters are by an artist unknown to me. But I thought they were a very impressive pair of images.

Have you ever seen the Belgian GWTW poster?

Kyle In Hollywood

*"Well, maybe I did and maybe I didn't...could you give me an idea what it looked like?"* - MissGoddess

I swear, FrankGrimes is gonna break out in hives if he sees this thread.

film_posterApr14ext02

*Gone With The Wind* (1939) Belgium

and for good measure...

film_posterApr14ext01

*Gone With The Wind* (1950s re-release) France