• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Kyle In Hollywood's CENSORED Poster Gallery

h3. Summer Under The Stars 2009

Saturday, August 8^th^

*_Bette Davis_*

film_posterAug08

Bette Davis From The Gallery Archives...

(Click Through For Larger Versions)

film_posterDec21

ex-lady

film_posterJan30

film_posterFeb25a

film_posterNov11

film_posterApr05

film_posterMay13

Message was edited by: hlywdkjk

Those are some of the best posters I've seen. But in spite of the lush colors and beautiful images in the other ones, I like the San Francisco one the best, it's got something so art deco about it...

And I love the translation of Dancing Lady --- the whirlwind of the dance....

*"Yay!! Beautiful posters of a gorgeous man, Kyle."* - MissGoddess

I knew you'd be pleased with today's line-up. Are you home "sick" today plopped in front of the TV? (I won't tell anyone.)

So, I'm still curious. Do you have either of the GWTW programs posted in here a few weeks ago? I've been hoping you'd post your reaction to the two different editions.

*"I like the "San Francisco" one the best, it's got something so art deco about it..."* - JackFavell

You always seem to appreciate the Swedish posters best. I hope you haven't furnished the family manse with lots of IKEA though.

Kyle In Hollywood

>

> I knew you'd be pleased with today's line-up. Are you home "sick" today plopped in front of the TV? (I won't tell anyone.)

>

No, darn it. I just got back from a long vacation so they probably would not understand

my sudden "illness" today. :)

> So, I'm still curious. Do you have either of the GWTW programs posted in here a few weeks ago? I've been hoping you'd post your reaction to the two different editions.

>

I didn't see them! I'll have to go through a see if I can find them. All I have in the

nature of a "program" is the small reproduction booklet that was included in the

last DVD edition of GWTW.

And I like IKEA! :)

It should be found on the page for the July 28^th^ - the day GWTW was shown as part of the 1393 Event. There are two GWTW posts - one of "oilette" portaits and a second with reproductions of the original roadshow programs.

I'd give you a link - but I don't think "linking" to previous posts works with any accuracy once your move past the first (or last) page.

kjk

Hey, I am actually thinking of furnishing my basement with an IKEA white slipcovered couch. I would go Gustavian, but I can't afford it, so IKEA will have to do instead......the basement will be all pastel blues, grays and cool whites, very Scandinavian.......at 400 dollars, IKEA fits my budget better than the 1500 -2000 bucks for a real pretty settee that will likely get destroyed anyway.....

Whew! You really have to WANT to post on this board sometimes.... :D

Kyle---the programs are beautiful, I sent you a pm about them because I couldn't

post any replies until now. I'm not sure which program reproduction I have at home,

I'll have to check.

Jackie---your idea will look better possibly, than if you shelled out the huge money. A friend

of mine decorated her Manhattan apartment with IKEA and it looks like it could be in a

House and Garden spread. She has the white slipcovered sofa, tables and chairs and

because she keeps everything minimal and uncluttered, it looks like a million dollars.

I love the Swedish look, too, the country style especially.

I wanted that cool looking swedish country style, because the basement will be our refuge in the summertime because it's cool down there. I kept trying to warm it up with color when we first moved in, but now I realize that it's better to keep it the way it wants to be....

*"Kyle---the programs are beautiful, I sent you a pm about them because I couldn't post any replies until now. I'm not sure which program reproduction I have at home, I'll have to check."* - MissGoddess

I'm glad you found the extra GWTW materials. I thought for sure you'd have seen most of them before - including the 1939 program. It can be had at auction quite regularly. And the "oilettes" were reproduced ans sent to theaters in the 60s or 70s so there are many of those editions out there for purchase too.

And I'd be startled to learn the reproduction booklet that came with your DVD was a "Southern Edition".

Happy Gable Day!

Kyle In Hollywood

*"the basement will be all pastel blues, grays and cool whites, very Scandinavian......."* - JackFavell

Cool greys whites and blues? Like the color scheme for San Francisco? Nice but definitely NOT Scandanavian. You gotta go with a marimekko print to be truly Scandanavian.

Don't know what I mean? Google Image Search this -

marimekko fabric

Yeah, Baby!

(But a nice repro of the *San Francisco* poster might look good on the walls in the basement/storm cellar.)

Kyle In Hollywood