Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Kyle In Hollywood's CENSORED Poster Gallery

*...a reference for you and "the urchin".* - Kyle

Ha! A fitting choice.

*I think of you more "Beery" than "Barrymore" anyway.*

Yep, spot on. Amazing job on his kerchief and Maggie's hair! Thanks.

h3. Summer Under The Stars 2009

Wednesday, August 26^th^

*_Yul Brynner_*

film_posterAug26

*Solomon And Sheba* (1959) Argentina

Yul Brynner from The Gallery Archives...

(Click Through For Larger Versions)

King_and_I

Message was edited by: hlywdkjk

How many people remember that Tyrone Power was the original star of "Solomon and Sheba" and died during a dueling scene with George Sanders.He suffered a heart attack and died before they could get him to he hospital.Its director King Vidor said it would have been a marvelous picture if Ty had lived to complete it. The film was not very good and received poor notices when released. I wonder if any of the Ty Power footage still exist today. They had completed almost 70% of the picture when Power died. All who saw the Power footage said he looked great and it would have been a better film.Anyone have any info on the footage?

*How many people remember that Tyrone Power was the original star of "Solomon and Sheba" and died during a dueling scene with George Sanders.*

Fredb,

For what it's worth, I remember. As for info about the Power's footage and if it still exists, you might pose that question in the Information, Please forum. Hudson_Hawk probably knows the answer and if not him, then I'm sure there's one or two other regular posters who will know!

Chief,

The Spanish poster of *High Sierra* is visually arresting but if Roy Earle can make that shot while barely holding on to the edge of the cliff. Well, then, he's a heckuva shot.

*"Why does Wesley Ruggles get his picture on the poster? Most directors don't."* - lzcutter

I don't know but I am interested too. I have come across one or two other Columbia posters that put Wesley Ruggles' name "above the title". But this is the only one I've seen that puts his picture on the poster too.

It might be an effort to promote Ruggles as the director at Columbia that will pick up the legacy of the departed Frank Capra who left the studio in the early 40s to form his own production company. But that is only a guess.

We might have to channel the ghost of Harry Cohn to find out for sure.

Kyle In Hollywood