Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
slappy3500

"After the Fox"

I recommend this very funny, yet little-seen film highly. It's best scenes perfectly scewer the pretentious European films of the 60's. Peter Sellers plays "The Fox", a devious criminal. He decides to smuggle gold into Italy and uses the peroduction of a bogus film as a cover. He involves a small village whose residents immediately become film-crazy. He imports a faded actor (Victor Mature) as his Star. VERY funny self-parody. In one scene he has mature and the leading lady see each other and suddenly turn and run toward each other. The he says. "OK now a few of the towns people run accross the square." Immediately several HUNDRED people dash on-screen, completely hiding the embracing couple. He later says "I want running. running." Mature asks , "What are we running from?" ...Um ah Why you're running from YOURSELVES!" After the plot is foiled, the footage that was shot is shown in court as evidence. At one point, A man jumps up. " Iam Luciano Bertolini, the film critic. It's a MASTERPIECE!! I laughed, I cried!! He is, of course taken away. Not a great comedy..a bit uneven but a hoot for film buffs.

I saw this movie (my brother purchased the dvd), and it's very funny... Mature is great as the faded star... and Sellers, as usual, is great!