Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Does anyone know the title of . . .

dmabcbaer

A B&W musical light comedy from 30s, 40s, maybe 50s. The setting is a summer music camp with quite talented young musicians. In a clamactic scene, the lead tenor and his following march in singing the well know Toreador song from Carmen. The lead soprano marches in with her troop singing a well-known chorus from the opera Faust. Somehow it all works in a most delightful way. Thanks in advance if you can identify this one.

Also, how about the title of a B&W bio. of Fredrick Chopin? Again, thanks in advance.

I only know that the 1935 Metropolitan, the first film (a musical) released by 20th Century Fox, featured the Toreador sung by Lawrence Tibbett and an aria from faust sung by him and Virginia Bruce...I'm noy sure if this is the movie you're searching...I hope so..

As for Chopin, biography I only have seen the 1945 A song to remember with Cornel Wilde, Merle Oberon...but it's a technicolor movie, it's not b& W