Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Blackmail 1929 & a few other notes on Hitchcock movies

Just a note on the actress in the movie:  Blackmail 1929 the first  'talkie' Alice White character played by (Anny Ondra) I read on Wiki) she had such a thick accent (Czech)? she was dubbed in post production by Joan Barry. Her accent limited her acting after the 'talkies' came in ...I thought this was a bit sad for her; she did such a good job in the movies.

Wanted to mention how much I liked the  humorous yarn unraveling scene in:  The Man Who Knew Too Much ... while the main characters dance... Bob & Jill Lawrence (Leslie Banks & Edna Best) the yarn scarf gets caught on someone & unravels around all the dancers...looks like this is a hint of what is to come to Bob & Jill as their daughter  Betsy (Nova Pilbeam) is kidnapped.  I also love the clue hidden within the shaving brush...great spy stuff here. The clue to the clue is whispered by a dying man...even better spy stuff.

In the 39 Steps ...love ...the shop scene ..so much to look at

The Lodger...all of it...great story/plot of the wrong man falsely accused ...beautiful lighting