Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Political Correctness and TCM Introductions

"uh, well, you know, lol,  that in that day they pushed women into the kitchen and she was not allowed to, you know, lol, go out and have sex with strangers like women enjoy today and syphilis, OMG, like,  and people of color were..."

I guess the OP had never seen Baby Face (1932) or Waterloo Bridge (either version) or  Mandalay (1933) or just about any movie made during the Depression in which women experienced hard times,

"uh, well, you know, lol,  that in that day they pushed women into the kitchen and she was not allowed to, you know, lol, go out and have sex with strangers like women enjoy today and syphilis, OMG, like,  and people of color were..."

I guess the OP had never seen Baby Face (1932) or Waterloo Bridge (either version) or  Mandalay (1933) or just about any movie made during the Depression in which women experienced hard times,

I wonder if the only movie the OP has seen is Clueless!   

(I hope he doesn't see Three on a Match,  that one will really light him up). 

• Like 1

See what THEY did;   we had a word, gay, that stood for something and THEY stole it and now it means something else.  

This is really unsettling;    I need a smoke,  pass me a fa,,,, oh wait,  can't say that either!   ;)

Gay Deceivers have a whole new meaning now too sadly.

I wonder if the only movie the OP has seen is Clueless!   

(I hope he doesn't see Three on a Match,  that one will really light him up). 

"Three on a Match" I saw when I was about fourteen and really loved the concept. Of course, danger was always in Bette's character in most films.

"Three on a Match" I saw when I was about fourteen and really loved the concept. Of course, danger was always in Bette's character in most films.

Three on a Match is a fine film but you might be confusing Bette's character with the character played by Ann Dvorak.   She is the one that cheats on her husband,  gets drunk and uses drugs,  and doesn't take care of her child.  

Bette is a sweet heart in this film in a minor role.   One has to wait until Human Bondage for bad Bette to appear.   

N

Three on a Match is a fine film but you might be confusing Bette's character with the character played by Ann Dvorak.   She is the one that cheats on her husband,  gets drunk and uses drugs,  and doesn't take care of her child.  

Bette is a sweet heart in this film in a minor role.   One has to wait until Human Bondage for bad Bette to appear.   

No, I got it but I'm talking about in general the concept of three people using one match and what might happen that could prove dangerous in general. That's all but enjoyed your take on Dvorak who is a real winner and talent to be sure.

N

No, I got it but I'm talking about in general the concept of three people using one match and what might happen that could prove dangerous in general. That's all but enjoyed your take on Dvorak who is a real winner and talent to be sure.

Oh,  I get it now.    It was the Dvorak character that was there third person to light her cig.   She should have used a lighter!