Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Where's Laura?

moviejoe79

Twentieth-Century-Fox had announced a release of the 1944 classic "Laura" starring Gene Tierney and Dana Andrews for around this time, and I have yet to see it out. And when I try to search for it online, nothing comes up. Does anyone know what happened? Did they decide to pull it from release? I was REALLY looking forward to purchasing this great movie, and I'd really love to know what happened, and trying to contact someone with any knowledge at Fox is virtually impossible.

I asked this question last week, but I'll ask one more time in case ANYONE out there knows. I'm curious as to why the DVD of the 1944 classic "Laura" was not released by 20th Century Fox. They were supposed to release it around this time, and I can't find it anywhere on the internet - not even pre-order info. I thought maybe someone might know. Thanks.

Out of all of the Fox Classics, this is the one I wanted most too. Besides "All About Eve," none of the others are really "great" classics, except "How Green Was My Valley." They also stopped the release of "The Grapes of Wrath" which is another title I was eagerly awaiting. I only hope that they are restoring these films before they put them onto DVD, or perhaps adding more features to them, since they are important classics. In my view those are the only two acceptable excuses for not giving us these great films! And besides, Fox should really consider releasing more than one title per month. They have a tremendous amount of classics, at least two would be nice. I'd also love to see "A Letter to Three Wives" and "Pinky" released, but they haven't announced those titles yet. C'mon Fox! Get with the program!

Right moviejoe....Letter to Three Wives on dvd...that'll be nice....I forgot that I also was very happy with the release of "The Ghost and Mrs. Muir"....

Although not a first rate classic "Sitting Pretty" with Clifton Webb...would be a great release on dvd too....

Yes! I was **delighted** when I saw "The Ghost and Mrs. Muir" at the store! Such an engrossing, strangely enchanting film. (Isn't George Sanders just one of THE coolest fellas ever?? Such a SLIMEBALL!! :) Gotta love him.)

And speaking of ghosts, I also saw that the Cary Grant film "Topper" is on DVD as well! I love that movie. . .

I love THE GHOST AND MRS. MUIR! The music by Bernard Herrmann is beautiful! Gene Tierney is beautiful! And everyone else is great too. The DVD has 2 audio commentaries! I wish they would have put a "making of" doucmentary also. Since I already have many films on video I love it when they put special extras on the DVDs. It makes them extra special. I'm always disappointed when a DVD has no special features. And a theatrical trailer is not a special feature. Has anyone seen the Universal horror classics on DVD? They did a great job! They all have an audio commentary and a "making of" documentary. Also many of the Hitchcock classics have documentaries with them & are very good.

I was also happy with the release of "The Ghost and Mrs. Muir" but I can't stand Rex Harrison because of what went on between him and Carole Landis, so as great a movie as it was, it's not one I'll watch all the time.

Littletramplover - I'm glad you found the "Topper" DVD - I bought it the first day it came out. It's one of my favorites, as well as the sequel "Topper Returns" which is hilarious and has a great cast. Both films were restored by the company who put them out, so the DVD looks great. Another one you might like is "The Awful Truth" with Cary Grant and Irene Dunne. It's a great romantic comedy that has also been released onto DVD.

Two more Fox films that should be released are "Pinky" with Jeanne Crain, Ethel Waters, and Ethel Barrymore, and "Forever Amber" with Linda Darnell and Cornel Wilde. OH! And how about "Leave Her to Heaven" - I almost forgot that Fox made this one with Gene Tierney, Cornel Wilde, and Jeanne Crain. All three of the aforementioned films are better then some of the others that were released by Fox so far, like "Love Is a Many Splendored Thing" - YAK !