Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Masterpiece Of Ivan Le Lorraine Albright

How was your introduction to Albright's PORTRAIT OF DORIAN GRAY? I first saw the Lewin movie on a very small black and white set, which means that I did not experience the intended shock effect. A photographer once took photos of the patrons of the Chicago museum where the painting is kept reacting to the latter. That canvas still has the power to shock! :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o

How was your introduction to Albright's PORTRAIT OF DORIAN GRAY? I first saw the Lewin movie on a very small black and white set, which means that I did not experience the intended shock effect. A photographer once took photos of the patrons of the Chicago museum where the painting is kept reacting to the latter. That canvas still has the power to shock! :o    

It would have been great if the film did something like The Women and the fashion show scene;  anytime the canvas is shown, show it in color (I assume the actual painting is in color).      

I only saw the ending of the film the other day and what shocked me was that George Sanders got top billing!     Yea,  he was the biggest (most well known) actor in the cast but Dorian is the star of the film.

Great painting and I find it interesting that many people want to call the film in their recall as "The Painting of Dorian Gray" or "The Portrait of Dorian Gray" but Wilde called it "The Picture of Dorian Gray" for obvious reasons that even Baudelaire would applaud.